|Duration:||3 parts, each 1 Hour. 180 Minutes Total.|
|Dates/Times:||Part I – Introduction-What is Balanced Mix Design? – Recorded November 2, 2017 – $50|
|Part II – Developing a Balanced Mix Design Framework – Recorded November 9, 2017 – $50|
|Part III – BMD Implementation – A Case Study – Recorded November 16, 2017 – $50|
|Cost:||$50 per recorded session|
|Complimentary for AAPT and AI members|
|Instructors:||Shane Buchanan, Ph.D., P.E., Asphalt Performance Manager, Oldcastle Materials|
|Randy West, Ph.D., P.E., Director, National Center for Asphalt Technology|
|Louay Mohammad, Ph.D., P.E., Professor, Louisiana Transportation Research Center|
|Sam Cooper III, Ph.D., P.E., Materials Research Administrator, Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development|
|Jay Winford, Ph.D., P.E., President, Prairie Contractors|
|Moderator:||R. Michael Anderson, P.E., Asphalt Institute Director of Research and Lab Services, Association of Asphalt Paving Technologists Executive Director|
This webinar series is intended for user agency, asphalt industry, and academia professionals interested in asphalt technology who want a better understanding about balanced mix design of asphalt materials.
Part I of the webinar series will cover baseline information, including providing an overview on why we, as an industry, need balanced mix design (BMD). Different approaches towards balanced mix design will be presented along with a path to implementation.
The second part of the webinar series will provide information on developing a BMD framework and how users can get started using BMD now. Current gaps and research needs will also be discussed.
Part III of the webinar series will present a case study of BMD implementation in Louisiana from the perspective of industry, agency, and academia. The lessons learned as part of this case study will also be discussed.
A PDH Certificate is available upon request after you view the recording by sending an email to email@example.com with the name of the session and full name you used to register.
Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate.
Group Registration and discounts are available upon request.
- We encourage and support group registrations for AI’s live and recorded events
- A webinar “group” is more than 1 individual sharing a single computer (with or without a projector) to view a webinar at the same time at a single location.
- Each group must have a designated Group Coordinator who will serve as the point of contact for all communications such as the access code and instructions
- The Group Coordinator will be charged the full registration cost of $50 for each session registered for. All additional attendees will be charged a discounted fee of $30 per person for each session registered for.
- Group registrations can be requested by clicking this link: Group Registration and PDH Certificate Policy and completeing the form ; or contacting Alicia Walker via phone or email at 859-288-4960 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each registered group participant will receive a PDH also if requested.
For more information contact: email@example.com