JOB TITLE: Member Engagement Specialist
SUPERVISOR’S TITLE: Director, Marketing and Membership
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
FLSA STATUS: Exempt, Full-time
UPDATED: January 27, 2020
Under general supervision of the Director of Marketing and Membership, performs a variety of duties including engaging membership by promoting essential membership programs. These programs include leading the EPIC Program and mentor recruitment initiatives, selection processes and onboarding efforts for new member representatives. Responsible for creating and securing opportunities for member involvement and outreach to nurture member relationships and cultivate engagement. Responsible for maintaining membership records in the association management software (AMS), coordinating production of meeting agendas, membership directory and member archival records. This position manages production and vendor coordination for industry awards, chair recognition, emeritus designations, longevity awards, retirement gifts and specialty pieces. Handles special projects for AI, its officers and key Board members.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinates and facilitates all aspects of EPIC program for duration of each class. Recruits and works with member company volunteers to develop class schedule of tours and site visits for EPIC students. Responsible for all logistics pertaining to the class syllabus including hotel, catering, and transportation contracts. Maintains all student progress records. Maintains close communication with appointed Dean of students and tracks program statistics.
- Serves as the staff liaison for the Mentor Program leading its initiatives for prospective members, new members and new member company representatives and personnel. Serves in an Ex-Officio capacity on the Membership Committee.
- Primary staff member responsible for the accurate and timely management of AI member records. Maintains current, prospective and former member data, member personnel updates and related information through the association management software (AMS), error-trapping procedures and data hygiene. Manages member’s access to their individual records, problem solving and software customization.
- Manages member retention initiatives and communications, monitors activity of members with low involvement or infrequent meeting attendance and seeks opportunities for engaging members in AI activities and volunteer opportunities. Assists Membership Director with communications and materials to Institute members and prospective members, including research, recruitment, and integration of new members and key prospects.
- Effectively uses AMS to produce a wide variety of products and trend reports, including the annual membership directory, committee service history and membership longevity. Seeks ways to leverage the AMS to better accomplish our member engagement mission.
- Supports execution of AI meetings, to include managing AI’s various awards programs and special industry recognition awards. This includes drafting scripts for meeting programs.
- Manages some print production and provides creative input and direction. Specifically manages vendor relations, bid collection, coordination and delivery of copy, images and electronic files to/from designers and printers, proofreading, delivery to inventory and distribution of samples, invoice coding and filing. Provides copywriting for marketing materials when needed.
- Facilitates Board and committee volunteer activity by preparing and e-mailing related correspondence, maintaining current member rolls, preparing volunteer results and accompanying information for use by the Nominating Committee, and compiling the data into a proposed slate for Board review and approval.
- Maintains the Institute’s Bylaws and standing committee charters. Coordinates universal changes with Institute staff Directors.
- Works with Marketing and Membership Director to assist with coordination of trade show events, including registration, travel logistics, shipping of materials, booth layout coordination and booth maintenance. Attends trade shows during non-EPIC program years.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Four-year degree in business field preferred; proficient user of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat. Experience with an association management software preferred and must be a punctual, self-starting individual who is a team player. Superb client relationship skills are required.
This job requires excellent grammar, spelling and composition skills. It also requires a focused, proficient proof-reader with an eye for detail and accuracy, sound reading comprehension and editing capabilities, excellent organizational and communication skills. This employee must maintain a valid U.S. driver’s license and U.S. passport.
Three years of management support experience, including three to five years in customer service and demonstrated detail-driven skills.
This job requires manual hand and finger dexterity sufficient to operate computer keyboards and other common office equipment. It also requires the ability to hear, speak clearly and see and differentiate colors.
Occasional commercial airline travel is required within the United States and Canada.
Submit a letter of interest and resume via e-mail to Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.