Basics of Asphalt Mix Design
November 21, 2017 12:00 – 1:30 PM EST
(1.5 hrs., 1.5 PDHs)
The laboratory asphalt mix design process has progressed through the years from a simple recipe approach to a more detailed analysis procedure to ensure an adequate volume of air voids and asphalt binder for stability and durability. Asphalt mix design classes, offered by the Asphalt Institute, are usually 3-5 days in length and feature hands-on laboratory experience as well as detailed classroom instruction. This webinar provides the student with a basic overview of the purpose, tests, and analyses needed to conduct an asphalt mix design. While not a prerequisite for attending an Asphalt Institute Mix Design Technology course, the webinar can provide a base level of understanding that may benefit students wishing to attend a more detailed lab-based mix design course.
Who Should Attend
This webinar is intended for an audience of technicians and engineers who are relatively new to the field of asphalt materials and are interested in learning the basic steps and tests used in an asphalt mix design. Sales and marketing students will also benefit from the overview of the asphalt mix design process.
Mike Anderson, P.E., Director of Research & Laboratory Services, Asphalt Institute
(A PDH Certificate is available upon request after you view the webinar by sending an email to email@example.com with the name of the session and full name you used to register)
Fees & Registration
The registration fee is $85.
NOTE: Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate.
See below for group registration.
Group Registrations and Discounts
Group Registration and discounts are available upon request.
- We encourage and support group registrations for AI’s live and recorded events
- A webinar “group” is more than 1 individual sharing a single computer (with or without a projector) to view a webinar at the same time at a single location.
- Each group must have a designated Group Coordinator who will serve as the point of contact for all communications such as the access code and instructions
- The Group Coordinator will be charged the full undiscounted registration cost of $85 for each session registered for. All additional attendees will be charged a discounted fee of $45 per person for each session registered for.
- Group registrations can be requested by clicking this link: Group Registration and PDH Certificate Policy and completing the form ; or contacting Charlena Gray via phone or email at 859-288-4961 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each registered group participant will receive a PDH also if requested.
Register online to view this live webinar
For more information contact: