Asphalt Mix Design with RAP
November 28, 2017 12:00 1:30 PM EST
The use of reclaimed asphalt pavement (RAP) in asphalt mixtures is not a new concept. But, the use of RAP has seen an increased interest for both economic and environmental reasons. According to the Federal Highway Administration’s (FHWA) recycled materials policy:
“The same materials used to build the original highway system can be re-used to repair, reconstruct, and maintain them. Where appropriate, recycling of aggregates and other highway construction materials makes sound economic, environmental, and engineering sense.”
This webinar provides the student with a detailed overview of the process for conducting an asphalt mix design using RAP. Mix design considerations include virgin asphalt binder grade selection, testing of RAP materials, laboratory handling, and analysis procedures needed to conduct a successful asphalt mix design using RAP.
Who Should Attend
This webinar is intended for an audience of technicians and engineers who are familiar with the asphalt mix design process and are interested in learning the testing and procedures used when RAP is added to the asphalt mixture.
Mike Anderson, P.E., Director of Research & Laboratory Services, Asphalt Institute
(A PDH Certificate is available upon request after you view the webinar by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the session and full name you used to register)
Fees & Registration
The registration fee is $85.
NOTE: Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate.
See below for group registration.
Group Registrations and Discounts
Group Registration and discounts are available upon request.
- We encourage and support group registrations for AI’s live and recorded events
- A webinar “group” is more than 1 individual sharing a single computer (with or without a projector) to view a webinar at the same time at a single location.
- Each group must have a designated Group Coordinator who will serve as the point of contact for all communications such as the access code and instructions
- The Group Coordinator will be charged the full undiscounted registration cost of $85 for each session registered for. All additional attendees will be charged a discounted fee of $45 per person for each session registered for.
- Group registrations can be requested by clicking this link: Group Registration and PDH Certificate Policy and completing the form ; or contacting Charlena Gray via phone or email at 859-288-4961 or email@example.com
- Each registered group participant will receive a PDH also if requested.
For more information contact: