For further information see the Maintenance & Rehabilitation FAQs, other engineering areas on the left, Asphalt magazine and APA websites, Asphalt Institute online store and the links page for other information related to these topic area.
We also recommend that you attend our Asphalt Academy courses at sites throughout the country to obtain expert instruction on asphalt topics.
- Pavement Distress Maintenance and Repair
- ABCs of Pavement Preservation by the Ontario Hot Mix Producers Association (OHMPA) (PDF 1.3 mb)
- Repair of Asphalt Parking Lots and Driveways (PDF 232 kb)
- HMA Underlayment Solves Railroad Maintenance Issues (PDF 2.1 mb)
- You can also visit a web page on the University of Kentucky website where you can download papers, PowerPoints and also the computer program called KENTRACK, which is computer program for hot mix asphalt and conventional ballast railway trackbeds.
- Tire Scuffing & Indentations by the Ontario Hot Mix Producers Association (OHMPA) (PDF 124 kb)
Out of print Asphalt Institute Construction Leaflets
- CL-2 Model Specifications For Small Paving Jobs (PDF 1.5 mb)
- CL-3 Full Depth for Asphalt Bicycle Paths (applicable also to Paving Golf Cart Paths, Sidwalks, and Walkways) (PDF 1.54 mb)
- CL-5 Pavement Rehabilitation – Preperation for Asphalt Overlays (PDF 1.6 mb)
- CL-15 Maintenance & Repair of Asphalt Parking Lots (PDF 657 kb)
- CL-19 Full Depth Asphalt Patching (PDF 2.5 mb)