Asphalt Pavements for Recreational Facilities
(1.5 hrs., 1.5 PDHs)
Register online to view this webinar recording
This webinar will address the important factors that need to be considered when designing and constructing recreational facilities such as running tracks, tennis courts and golf cart paths. These types of facilities do not carry heavy loads and therefore need to be built differently than roads and freeways. This webinar will focus on designing and constructing surfaces to resist water intrusion which is a primary factor required to resist future environmental distress. Specific mixture requirements are needed to build a durable pavement that will resist environmental distresses such as cracking and raveling. Restricted work areas also present challenges that will be discussed during this webinar.
The presentation will include the following:
- Pavement thickness and base construction
- Asphalt binder selection
- Aggregate selection
- Mixture design and production considerations
- Construction operations
- Acceptance of completed work
Who Should Attend
This webinar is designed for facility owners, engineers, contractors, consultants, as well as state, city and county officials.
Mark D. Blow P.E., Regional Engineer, Asphalt Institute
H. Wayne Jones, P.E., Regional Engineer, Asphalt Institute
Fees & Registration
The registration fee is $50.
NOTE: Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate.
See below for group registration.
Group Registrations and Discounts
Group Registration and discounts are available upon request.
- We encourage and support group registrations for AI’s live and recorded events
- A webinar “group” is more than 1 individual sharing a single computer (with or without a projector) to view a webinar at the same time at a single location.
- Each group must have a designated Group Coordinator who will serve as the point of contact for all communications such as the access code and instructions
- The Group Coordinator will be charged the full undiscounted registration cost of $50 for each session registered for. All additional attendees will be charged a discounted fee of $30 per person for each session registered for.
- Group registrations can be requested by clicking this link: Group Registration and PDH Certificate Policy and completing the form ; or contacting Charlena Gray via phone or email at 859-288-4961 or email@example.com
- Each registered group participant will receive a PDH also if requested.
Register online to view this recorded webinar
For more information contact: