Cold Mix Paving – If we can make HMA warm, can we make it cold?
(1.5 hrs., 1.5 PDHs)
Register online to view this webinar recording
Asphalt cold mix is a mixture of unheated mineral aggregate and emulsified or cutback asphalt. These mixtures are further classified based upon the method of mixing – either plant-mixed or mixed-in-place. Plant-mixed cold mixes are produced in stationary plants that permit close control of the production process. Laydown and compaction is done with conventional paving equipment. Mixed-in-place cold mixes are produced at the paving site by means of travel plants, motor graders, or other special in-place equipment.
This webinar is presented to provide the participant with an introduction to paving with cold asphalt mixtures. The presentation will include the following:
- Description of cold mix paving mixtures
- Materials selection
- Emulsion selection
- Cold mix design considerations
- Cold mix production
- Cold mix laydown and compaction
Who Should Attend
This webinar is designed for technicians, engineers, contractors, consultants, as well as state, city and county officials.
Gregory A. Harder, P.E., Asphalt Institute Regional Engineer
Instructions for viewing a recorded webinar (PDF 706 kb)
(A PDH Certificate is available upon request after you view the recording by sending an email to email@example.com with the name of the session and full name you used to register)
Fees & Registration
The registration fee is $50.
NOTE: Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate.
See below for group registration.
Group Registrations and Discounts
Group Registration and discounts are available upon request.
- We encourage and support group registrations for AI’s live and recorded events
- A webinar “group” is more than 1 individual sharing a single computer (with or without a projector) to view a webinar at the same time at a single location.
- Each group must have a designated Group Coordinator who will serve as the point of contact for all communications such as the access code and instructions
- The Group Coordinator will be charged the full undiscounted registration cost of $50 for each session registered for. All additional attendees will be charged a discounted fee of $30 per person for each session registered for.
- Group registrations can be requested by clicking this link: Group Registration and PDH Certificate Policy and completing the form ; or contacting Charlena Gray via phone or email at 859-288-4961 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each registered group participant will receive a PDH also if requested.
For more information contact