Combining Preservation Treatments Webinar Recording
To register & view any or all of these recordings see below
Straddled with limited budgets, agencies around the country are searching for the most cost-effective treatments to optimally address their wide array of pavement preservation and maintenance challenges. The combination of two or more traditional non-structural surface treatments to address specific types and levels of distress is increasing in popularity. An example of a combination surface treatment is a Cape Seal , which is a single-layer Chip Seal followed by a Slurry Seal or a Microsurfacing. Besides following standard Chip Seal and Slurry Seal best practices and specifications, there are special considerations that need to be addressed because of the combination of treatments; cure time before the slurry, aggregate sizes, application rates, etc.
This webinar will discuss the use of several different combination preservation treatments that are now being widely used; Cape Seal, Stress Absorbing Membrane Interlayer, Fog Seal over Chip Seal, Surface Treatments over Crack Treatments, etc. These tailored combination treatments provide a durable final surface as well as being a very cost effective approach to improving the pavement condition. This session provides information on how to get the best possible results with these combination preservation treatments.
• Identify combination treatments
• Appropriate application of these combinations for optimal benefit
• Special considerations due to the combination of treatments
• Material selection and design
• Quality Control during construction
• Expected performance
A recommended resource for this webinar recording is MS-19 Basic Asphalt Emulsion Manual.
Chuck Ingram – Slurry Pavers
Doug Ford – Pavement Recycling Inc.
Instructions for viewing a recorded webinar (PDF 706 kb)
(A PDH Certificate is available upon request after you view the recording by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the session and full name you used to register)
Fees & Registration
The registration fee is $50.
NOTE: Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate.
See below for group registration.
Group Registrations and Discounts
Group Registration and discounts are available upon request.
- We encourage and support group registrations for AI’s live and recorded events
- A webinar “group” is more than 1 individual sharing a single computer (with or without a projector) to view a webinar at the same time at a single location.
- Each group must have a designated Group Coordinator who will serve as the point of contact for all communications such as the access code and instructions
- The Group Coordinator will be charged the full undiscounted registration cost of $50 for each session registered for. All additional attendees will be charged a discounted fee of $30 per person for each session registered for.
- Group registrations can be requested by clicking this link: Group Registration and PDH Certificate Policy and completing the form ; or contacting Charlena Gray via phone or email at 859-288-4961 or email@example.com
- Each registered group participant will receive a PDH also if requested.
For more information contact