Introduction to Asphalt Rheology
(1.5 hrs., 1.5 PDHs)
Register online to view the webinar recording
Instructions for viewing a recorded webinar (PDF 706 kb)
Unlike most civil engineering materials, such as steel or portland cement concrete, the mechanical properties of asphalt binders and mixtures are dependent upon several factors including aging and conditioning time, loading time and temperature, and stress level. It is necessary to have a basic understanding of the effects of these factors on mechanical properties of asphalt materials and pavement performance in order to fully understand the specifications for asphalt materials. During this webinar important fundamental mechanical properties such as creep compliance, dynamic modulus, phase angle, and fracture properties will be discussed. Their role in determining pavement performance and the manner in which they are affected by the factors described above will be demonstrated. This introductory webinar is intended for technicians, engineers, and sales personnel working in the asphalt industry. Basic concepts are introduced without extensive technical jargon and mathematical complexity.
This introductory webinar is intended for technicians, engineers, and sales personnel working in the asphalt industry. Basic concepts are introduced without extensive technical jargon and mathematical complexity.
Dr. David Anderson & Dr. Geoffrey Rowe
(A PDH Certificate is available upon request after you view the webinar by sending an email to email@example.com with the name of the session and full name you used to register)
Fees & Registration
The registration fee is $50.
NOTE: Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate.
See below for group registration.
Group Registrations and Discounts
Group Registration and discounts are available upon request.
- We encourage and support group registrations for AI’s live and recorded events
- A webinar “group” is more than 1 individual sharing a single computer (with or without a projector) to view a webinar at the same time at a single location.
- Each group must have a designated Group Coordinator who will serve as the point of contact for all communications such as the access code and instructions
- The Group Coordinator will be charged the full undiscounted registration cost of $50 for each session registered for. All additional attendees will be charged a discounted fee of $30 per person for each session registered for.
- Group registrations can be requested by clicking this link: Group Registration and PDH Certificate Policy and completing the form ; or contacting Alicia Walker via phone or email at 859-288-4960 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each registered group participant will receive a PDH also if requested.
For more information contact: