Testimonials from attendees “To sum it all up in numbers, in 2005, we lost around $250,000 in deducts for Voids, VMA, and Compaction. To date in 2006, using the Bailey Method, we are up $300,000 in incentives. To make this an even greater accomplishment, we achieved this incentive on half the jobs we had last year with incentive. What makes it even more incredible is the fact that there were two incidents that if the super would have called me sooner, I could have fixed the problem and kept from losing $55,000 in deducts.” - QA Manager for a large regional Contractor after attending the full 3-Day Course at Asphalt Institute Headquarters
“My bosses will see this class pay for itself the first week of the paving season.”
“I've learned more about adjusting VMA in this course than I have learned in the last 28 years.”
“Been doing mix designs for 15 yrs and this class confirmed 95% of what I believed to be true and set me straight on the other 5%.” Contents
This course begins with the basics and then builds to give you an intensive look into the Bailey Method's full potential. Use of its principles will allow you to improve and control HMA mixes, to optimize volumetrics (such as VMA), improve field compactability, and predict mix segregation potential. You will receive a full version of the latest edition of the Bailey Method analysis software, with hands-on software training, so bring a laptop. Attendance in the one day introductory course is not mandatory, but encouraged. Mix design and quality control experience is recommended.
Bringing a laptop computer preloaded with a fully operational copy of Microsoft Excel 2007® or newer and Adobe Reader® for each student to use during the class is highly encouraged. Training Location Asphalt Institute Headquarters and Research Center 2696 Research Park Drive Lexington, Kentucky 40511 859-288-4960 Contents
Class Schedule Monday, 1 pm - 5 pm Tuesday & Wednesday, 8:00 am-5 pm (Lunch will be provided) Thursday, 8:00 am-Noon
Fees & Registration The registration fee is $895 and needs to be received prior to the course date. The fee includes Bailey Method analysis software, all other seminar materials, refreshments, and lunches.
Early registration is recommended as the class size is limited to 24 students. Contents
Transfer, Cancellation and Refund Policy: You may cancel without penalty up to three weeks prior. If you provide the Asphalt Institute with less than three weeks notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire seminar fee. You may also send someone to take your place. We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can. Therefore, please call us at 859-288-4960.
Hotel Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott (Lexington North) 2100 Hackney Place, Lexington, KY 40511 859.977.5870
The $89 rate (plus 13.42% tax) includes: breakfast, internet, mini-fridge, local and toll free calls, and a 24-hour business center where you can use their computers for emails or to print your boarding pass. The hotel offers an indoor pool, hot tub and fitness center. There is also a market to purchase snacks and toiletries. When calling for reservations, ask for the “Asphalt Institute Room Block.” Reservations need to be made at least two weeks prior to the advertised class start date in order for this advertised rate to be guaranteed. Rates pertain only to classes in this brochure. If you cannot make it, you need to cancel your hotel reservation by 6:00 p.m. the day of arrival to avoid being charged for one night's room and tax. Visit the hotel's web site for directions, pictures, local attractions and a restaurant list. Contents