This webinar presents information on Carbon Tax and Carbon Footprint calculation for residential, arterial and HMA pavements and compare these to PCC pavements. In addition, the 50 year life cycle carbon footprint of a PCC, HMA and long life HMA (perpetual pavement) pavement is also presented. This information is geared to the paving practices in Ontario, Canada as the Ministry of Transportation in this jurisdiction has a well developed LCCA package for alternative bid projects that can be used as a basis of comparison.
The following details will be covered in the presentation:
- Brief description of the carbon cycle as it applies to climate change
- Carbon tax – issues and calculations
- Carbon footprint models and calculations
- Carbon footprint comparisons between PCC and HMA pavements for typical residential, arterial and multi-lane highway pavements
- 50 year life cycle carbon footprint calculations for a PCC, HMA and long life HMA pavement
Download: (1.1MB) Carbon Footprint Presentation Slides
- Register online to view this webinar
- (2MB) Instructions for viewing a recorded webinar
- To register and pay for this series you can contact our offices by phone (859.288.4960) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Professional Development Hours:
- 1.5 hrs., 1.5 PDHs
A PDH Certificate is available upon request after you complete the session by sending an email to email@example.com with the name of the webinar and full name you used to register.
- Sandy Brown
- Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate. See below for group registration.
- We would encourage you to visit http://support.webex.com/support/system-requirements.html to ensure your system is compatible with our webinar system before you register or as soon as possible afterward.
- We also highly recommend that you go to: http://www.webex.com/lp/jointest/ and join a test meeting to load the client and test your system.
Group Registration & PDH Certificate Policy
- Full details are listed on our Group Registration Policy page.