Straddled with limited budgets, agencies around the country are searching for the most cost-effective treatments to optimally address their wide array of pavement preservation and maintenance challenges. The combination of two or more traditional non-structural surface treatments to address specific types and levels of distress is increasing in popularity. An example of a combination surface treatment is a Cape Seal , which is a single-layer Chip Seal followed by a Slurry Seal or a Microsurfacing. Besides following standard Chip Seal and Slurry Seal best practices and specifications, there are special considerations that need to be addressed because of the combination of treatments; cure time before the slurry, aggregate sizes, application rates, etc.
This webinar will discuss the use of several different combination preservation treatments that are now being widely used; Cape Seal, Stress Absorbing Membrane Interlayer, Fog Seal over Chip Seal, Surface Treatments over Crack Treatments, etc. These tailored combination treatments provide a durable final surface as well as being a very cost effective approach to improving the pavement condition. This session provides information on how to get the best possible results with these combination preservation treatments.
- Identify combination treatments
- Appropriate application of these combinations for optimal benefit
- Special considerations due to the combination of treatments
- Material selection and design
- Quality Control during construction
- Expected performance
A recommended resource for this webinar recording is MS-19 Basic Asphalt Emulsion Manual.
Fees & Registration:
- The registration fee is FREE for this recorded session.
- Register online to view this recorded webinar
- Instructions for viewing a recorded webinar (PDF 706KB)
Professional Development Hours:
- 1.5 hrs., 1.5 PDHs
A PDH Certificate is available upon request after you complete the session by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the webinar and full name you used to register.
- Chuck Ingram, Slurry Pavers
- Doug Ford, Pavement Recycling Inc.
- Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate. See below for group registration.
- We would encourage you to visit http://support.webex.com/support/system-requirements.html to ensure your system is compatible with our webinar system before you register or as soon as possible afterward.
- We also highly recommend that you go to: http://www.webex.com/lp/jointest/ and join a test meeting to load the client and test your system.
Group Registrations and Discounts:
Group Registration and discounts are available upon request.
- We encourage and support group registrations for the Asphalt Institute’s live and recorded events.
- A webinar “group” is more than 1 individual sharing a single computer (with or without a projector) to view a webinar at the same time at a single location.
- Each group must have a designated Group Coordinator who will serve as the point of contact for all communications such as the access code and instructions.
- The Group Coordinator will be charged the full undiscounted registration cost of FREE for each session registered for. All additional attendees will be charged a discounted fee of FREE per person for each session registered for.
- Group registration information can be viewed in our Group Registration and PDH Certificate Policy.
- Each registered group participant will receive a PDH.