Understanding the MSCR Test and its Use in the PG Asphalt Binder Specification
Each session is broadcast live and will be recorded for playback later only to registrants.
This webinar is presented to provide the participant with an understanding of the multiple-stress creep-recovery (MSCR) test, described in AASHTO TP70, and its use in asphalt binder specifications – particularly as used in AASHTO MP19. The presentation will include the following:
- Background into the Development of the MSCR Test
- SHRP and post-SHRP Research
- Relationship Between G*/sin d and Rutting Performance
- Relationship Between J nr and Rutting Performance
- Performing the MSCR Test
- Conducting the Test
- What Are Appropriate Test Temperatures?
- Measurement Parameters: Jnr, Recovery, and Stress Sensitivity
- How J nr is Used
- What is Recovery and How is it Used?
- What is the Stress Sensitivity Ratio?
- Use of the MSCR in Performance-Graded Asphalt Binder Specification
The webinar is presented by the Asphalt Institute in cooperation with the Federal Highway Administration through DTFH61-08-H-00030.
Download the webinar slides (PDF 1.79 mb)
R. Michael Anderson, P.E.
Director of Research and Laboratory Services Asphalt Institute
Instructions for viewing a recorded webinar (PDF 706 kb)
(A PDH Certificate is available upon request after you view the recording by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the session and full name you used to register)
NOTE: Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will be recognized for a PDH certificate.
Fees & Registration
This webinar is free and includes downloads of presentation slides.