- This is an online, learn-at-your-own-pace, course hosted on the Asphalt Institute Learning Portal.
- For payment issues, please see our Learning System Checkout and Payment page.
- For group registrations or other issues, please contact us by email (email@example.com) or phone (859.288.4960).
This webinar provides a general introduction to asphalt binders, covering the following topics:
- constituents of asphalt binders
- physical properties,
- how asphalt binders behave
- preparation for testing (sampling, heating, and splitting)
- asphalt binder tests and specifications
- modified asphalt binders
- asphalt emulsions and cutbacks
- asphalt binders used in roofing
Who Should Attend
The webinar is intended for participants who want an elementary understanding of asphalt binders without spending more than 90 minutes in training. At the conclusion of the webinar, participants should have a general understanding of what asphalt binders are, how they behave with temperature and time of loading, and how they are used. For more in-depth training, please see the Asphalt Binder Series and Introduction to Asphalt Rheology.
- R. Michael Anderson, P.E., Asphalt Institute Director of Research and Lab Services
Professional Development Hours
- 1.5 hrs., 1.5 PDHs
- Earned PDHs and certifications can be downloaded at your convenience when logged into the Asphalt Institute Learning Portal. Using the menu icon in the upper left corner, go to the “My Activities” menu option: select either the “Courses” or “Learning Plans” option from the menu on the page. To the right of each course or learning plan you have completed will be an award icon. Clicking that icon will allow you to download the desired certificate.
- Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate. See below for group registration.
Group Registration & PDH Certificate Policy
- Full details are listed on the Group Registration Policy page.
For more information contact
- Asphalt Institute Headquarters
- Phone: 859.288.4960
- Fax: 859.288.4999
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org