Session Part I: Introduction – What is Balanced Mix Design?
Recorded November 2, 2017
- Part I of the webinar series will cover baseline information, including providing an overview on why we, as an industry, need balanced mix design (BMD). Different approaches towards balanced mix design will be presented along with a path to implementation.
Session Part II: Developing a Balanced Mix Design Framework
Recorded November 9, 2017
- The second part of the webinar series will provide information on developing a BMD framework and how users can get started using BMD now. Current gaps and research needs will also be discussed.
Session Part III: BMD Implementation – A Case Study
Recorded November 16, 2017
- Part III of the webinar series will present a case study of BMD implementation in Louisiana from the perspective of industry, agency, and academia. The lessons learned as part of this case study will also be discussed.
- Register online to view this webinar
- (2MB) Instructions for viewing a recorded webinar
- To register and pay for this series you can contact our offices by phone (859.288.4960) or email (email@example.com)
Professional Development Hours:
- 1 hrs., 1 PDH per session part
A PDH Certificate is available upon request after you complete the session by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the webinar and full name you used to register.
- Shane Buchanan, Ph.D., P.E., Asphalt Performance Manager, Oldcastle Materials
- Randy West, Ph.D., P.E., Director, National Center for Asphalt Technology
- Louay Mohammad, Ph.D., P.E., Professor, Louisiana Transportation Research Center
- Sam Cooper III, Ph.D., P.E., Materials Research Administrator, Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development
- Jay Winford, Ph.D., P.E., President, Prairie Contractors
- R. Michael Anderson, P.E., Asphalt Institute Director of Research and Lab Services, Association of Asphalt Paving Technologiest Executive Director
Who Should Attend:
This webinar series is intended for user agency, asphalt industry, and academia professionals interested in asphalt technology who want a better understanding about balanced mix design of asphalt materials.
- Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate. See below for group registration.
- We would encourage you to visit http://support.webex.com/support/system-requirements.html to ensure your system is compatible with our webinar system before you register or as soon as possible afterward.
- We also highly recommend that you go to: http://www.webex.com/lp/jointest/ and join a test meeting to load the client and test your system.
Group Registration & PDH Certificate Policy
- Full details are listed on our Group Registration Policy page.