In 2010 the International Slurry Surfacing Association and the National Center for Pavement Preservation joined forces to update the ISSA Inspectors Manual. This updated document serves as a valuable asset to agencies, consultants and inspectors who utilize Slurry Seals & Microsurfacing on pavements and are responsible for their inspection and acceptance. The 120-page publication covers materials, mix design, equipment calibration in the field, sampling at the site, inspection responsibilities & procedures, safety, surface preparation, stockpiling procedures, problems that may occur, their potential causes, solutions to those problems, and other suggestions. Referred to as MA-1 ISSA Inspector’s Manual, this publication can be ordered at www.slurry.org.
This webinar will cover the highlights of the new Inspector’s Manual by guiding participants through all phases of Slurry Seal & Microsurfacing construction & inspection. Emphasis will be on illustrating the step by step procedures necessary for proper installation & oversight of projects. While not necessary to have the MA1 ISSA Inspector’s Manual during this webinar to follow the presentation and benefit greatly from the information discussed, it is highly encouraged to do so either before or after the webinar in order to have a quality reference manual.
- Slurry Systems
- Materials & Design
- Construction of Treatments
- Calibration procedures
- Contract Administration
- Problem Solving
- Special Situations
Fees & Registration:
- The registration fee is FREE for this recorded session.
- Register online to view this recorded webinar
- Instructions for viewing a recorded webinar (PDF 706KB)
Professional Development Hours:
- 1.5 hrs., 1.5 PDHs
A PDH Certificate is available upon request after you complete the session by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the webinar and full name you used to register.
- Mark McCollough, Asphalt Materials, Inc.
- Tim Harwood, Vance Brothers, Inc.
- Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate. See below for group registration.
- We would encourage you to visit http://support.webex.com/support/system-requirements.html to ensure your system is compatible with our webinar system before you register or as soon as possible afterward.
- We also highly recommend that you go to: http://www.webex.com/lp/jointest/ and join a test meeting to load the client and test your system.
Group Registrations and Discounts:
Group Registration and discounts are available upon request.
- We encourage and support group registrations for the Asphalt Institute’s live and recorded events.
- A webinar “group” is more than 1 individual sharing a single computer (with or without a projector) to view a webinar at the same time at a single location.
- Each group must have a designated Group Coordinator who will serve as the point of contact for all communications such as the access code and instructions.
- The Group Coordinator will be charged the full undiscounted registration cost of FREE for each session registered for. All additional attendees will be charged a discounted fee of FREE per person for each session registered for.
- Group registration information can be viewed in our Group Registration and PDH Certificate Policy.
- Each registered group participant will receive a PDH.