Upcoming Class Dates
|FEB 14-17, 2022||8:00AM – 5:00PM EST||AI Headquarters, Lexington, KY||26.25||Enroll Today!|
|MAR 7-10, 2022||8:00AM – 5:00PM EST||AI Headquarters, Lexington, KY||26.25||Enroll Today!|
|APR 18-22, 2022||10:00AM – 3:00PM EST||ONLINE!||17.5||Enroll Today!|
|OCT 3-7, 2022||10:00AM – 3:00PM EST||ONLINE!||17.5||Enroll Today!|
|NOV 14-17, 2022||8:00AM – 5:00PM EST||AI Headquarters, Lexington, KY||26.25||Enroll Today!|
- Mon, Oct 4 : 1:00 – 5:00 (lecture)
- Tue, Oct 5 : 8:00 – 5:00 (lab and lecture)
- Wed, Oct 6 : 8:00 – 5:00 (lab and lecture)
- Thu, Oct 7 : 8:00 – 5:00 (lab, data review and review exam)
If you are responsible for asphalt testing, materials approval, specification and quality control, this course is for you. Learn the test procedures, calculations and criteria involved with grading asphalt binders in the Performance-Graded (PG) asphalt binder specifications (AASHTO M320 and M332).
In the in-person class you can develop and hone your skills through 20 hours of scheduled hands-on lab experience including sample preparation and testing using the rotational viscometer, COC flashpoint tester, dynamic shear and bending beam rheometers, and “PG plus” tests.
In the online version of the class, you get the same lectures, but with detailed video demonstrations replacing the in-lab experience. For those with access to a lab and asphalt binder testing equipment, time is allocated to perform tests on samples and report the data back to the instructor. The instructor will be available during the allotted lab times to help answer any questions about procedures and techniques.
Near the conclusion of the class you can evaluate your knowledge with a review exam. Leave this course with the ability to perform your job with newfound confidence and valuable insight into your future NBTC certification.
Who Should Attend
Asphalt technologists, engineers, consultants, scientists, and technicians responsible for asphalt testing, materials approval, specification and quality control for pavements. Knowledge of the Superpave binder specification will also benefit local and state materials and federal agency personnel, contractors, and university educators.
Fees & Registration
- The registration fee for online class is $995.
- The registration fee for in-person class is $1,295.
- Registration fees must be received prior to the course date.
- The fee includes a copy of Asphalt Institute’s MS-25 Binder Manual.
- Early registration is recommended as the classes are limited.
- If you work for an Asphalt Institute member company and this is your first time registering, please call 859.288.4960 if you need assistance in setting up an account.
Transfer, Cancellation and Refund Policy
- For the virtual course, you may cancel without penalty up to one week prior to course start date. If you provide the Asphalt Institute with less than one week’s notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire seminar fee.
- For in-person courses, you may cancel without penalty up to three weeks prior to course start date. If you provide the Asphalt Institute with less than three weeks’ notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire seminar fee. You may send someone to take your place. We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can. Therefore, please call us at 859.288.4960.
In case of inclement weather please check our Inclement Weather Information page for further instructions.