Upcoming Basic Emulsion Technician Class Dates
|OCT 9-12, 2023||1:00 – 5:00PM – Day 1; 8:00AM – 5:00PM – Day 2-4||AI Headquarters, Lexington, KY||Enroll Today!|
- Day 1: 1:00 – 5:00 (lecture)
- Day 2: 8:00 – 5:00 (lab)
- Day 3: 8:00 – 5:00 (lab)
- Day 4: 8:00 – 4:00 (lab, review and review exam)
If you are responsible for asphalt emulsion testing, materials approval, specification and quality control, this course is for you. Learn the test procedures, calculations and criteria involved with asphalt emulsion testing. Develop and hone your skills during 24 hours of intensive hands-on training including sample preparation and testing. Evaluate your knowledge with the review exam during the last half day. Leave this course with the ability to perform your job with new found confidence and valuable insight.
Who Should Attend
Asphalt technologists, engineers, consultants, scientists, and technicians responsible for asphalt emulsion testing, materials approval, specification and quality control for pavements. Knowledge of the emulsion specifications will also benefit local and state materials and federal agency personnel, contractors, and university educators.
Fees & Registration
- The registration fee for this in-person course is $1,295.
- Registration fees must be received prior to the course date.
- The fee includes a practice exam, review, refreshments, lunches and a copy of the Asphalt Institute’s MS-19 Emulsion Manual.
- Early registration is recommended as the classes are limited to 6 students per instructor
Professional Development Hours
- 3.5 day course, 26.25 PDHs
- If you work for an Asphalt Institute member company and this is your first time registering, please call 859.288.4960 if you need assistance in setting up an account.
Transfers, Cancellation and Refund Policy
- For the virtual course, you may cancel without penalty up to one week prior to course start date. If you provide the Asphalt Institute with less than one week’s notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire seminar fee.
- For in-person courses, you may cancel without penalty up to three weeks prior to course start date. If you provide the Asphalt Institute with less than three weeks’ notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire seminar fee. You may send someone to take your place. We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can. Therefore, please call us at 859.288.4960.
Inclement Weather Info
In case of inclement weather please check our Inclement Weather Information page for further instructions.
For more information contact
Asphalt Institute Headquarters