Upcoming Class Dates
|TBD||8:00AM-5:00PM||AI Headquarters, Lexington KY||13||TBD|
|JAN 23-27, 2023||8:00AM-4:30PM||ONLINE!||13||Enroll Today!|
|FEB 21-24, 2023||8:00AM-5:00PM||AI Headquarters, Lexington KY||13||Enroll Today!|
|MAR 14-17, 2023||8:00AM-5:00PM||AI Headquarters, Lexington KY||13||Enroll Today!|
|APR 24-28, 2023||8:00AM-4:30PM||ONLINE!||13||Enroll Today!|
- Day 1: 8:00 – 4:30 : Lecture
- Day 2: 8:00 – 12:00 : Lecture and review
- Day 2: 1:00 – Finish : Practical exams
- Day 3: 8:00 – 10:00 : Written exam
- Day 3: 10:00 – Finish : continue practical exams
- Day 1: 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM : classroom training (includes two scheduled breaks of approximately 15 minutes each)
- Day 2: 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM : classroom training (includes two scheduled breaks of approximately 15 minutes each)
- Day 3: 11:00 AM – 2:30 PM : classroom training (includes two scheduled breaks of approximately 15 minutes each)
- Day 4: 11:00 AM – 1:15 PM : instructions for exams and written exam
- Day 4: 2:15 PM – 5:00 PM : scheduled lab proficiency exams
- Day 5: TBD : continuation of scheduled lab proficiency exams
- Provide a concise standard interpretation of test methods
- Decrease retesting by improving data quality
- Promote a consistent laboratory best-practice
- Increase confidence in data for use in product development
- Tighten the precision and bias statements in published standards
- Help reduce penalties, deducts and disputes
The Northeast Transportation Training and Certification Program (NETTCP) and the Asphalt Institute National Binder Technician Certification (NBTC) programs share the same text, lecture and examinations and are FULLY RECIPROCAL.
Mandatory: Applicants must have either six months experience in PG Testing, or 30 days training under and NBTC/NETTCP certified technician.
Program Fees & Materials
The registration fee to participate in the NBTC program is $1,595 per student. The registration fee includes the review course, the course manual MS-25 Asphalt Binder Testing: Technician’s Manual for Specification Testing of Asphalt Binders, the written exam and the laboratory proficiency exam. Lunch and refreshments are included if attending a course at AI Headquarters.
If you are a student that has previously attended the Asphalt Institute’s Basic Binder Technician Training course in the last four years, or if you are re-certifying, then the fee to participate in the NBTC program is $1,295.
The NBTC certification program has a capacity for up to 18 students for classes held at AI headquarters. If a NBTC course is held away from AI headquarters, the maximum capacity may vary depending on the facility size of the host company.
The NBTC Agenda is provided for the NBTC program held at the Asphalt Institute in Lexington, KY. The order of the topics and times may vary for other program locations.
Hotels for Lexington Classes
When calling for reservations, ask for the “Asphalt Institute Room Block”. Reservations need to be made at least two (2) weeks before the class start date in order for the room rate to be guaranteed. If you need cancel your reservation you must do so by 6:00PM the day of arrival to avoid being charged for one night’s room and tax. Visit the hotel’s website for directions, pictures, local attractions and a restaurant list.