- This is an online, learn-at-your-own-pace, course hosted on the Asphalt Institute Learning Portal.
- For payment issues, please see our Learning System Checkout and Payment page.
- For group registrations or other issues, please contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (859.288.4960).
The use of reclaimed asphalt pavement (RAP) in asphalt mixtures is not a new concept. But, the use of RAP has seen an increased interest for both economic and environmental reasons. According to the Federal Highway Administration’s (FHWA) recycled materials policy:
“The same materials used to build the original highway system can be re-used to repair, reconstruct, and maintain them. Where appropriate, recycling of aggregates and other highway construction materials makes sound economic, environmental, and engineering sense.”
This webinar provides the student with a detailed overview of the process for conducting an asphalt mix design using RAP. Mix design considerations include virgin asphalt binder grade selection, testing of RAP materials, laboratory handling, and analysis procedures needed to conduct a successful asphalt mix design using RAP.
Who Should Attend
This webinar is intended for an audience of technicians and engineers who are familiar with the asphalt mix design process and are interested in learning the testing and procedures used when RAP is added to the asphalt mixture.
- Mike Anderson, P.E., Director of Research & Laboratory Services, Asphalt Institute
Professional Development Hours
- 1.0 hrs., 1.0 PDHs
- Earned PDHs and certifications can be downloaded at your convenience when logged into the Asphalt Institute Learning Portal. Using the menu icon in the upper left corner, go to the “My Activities” menu option: select either the “Courses” or “Learning Plans” option from the menu on the page. To the right of each course or learning plan you have completed will be an award icon. Clicking that icon will allow you to download the desired certificate.
- Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate. See below for group registration.
Group Registration & PDH Certificate Policy
- Full details are listed on the Group Registration Policy page.
For more information contact
- Asphalt Institute Headquarters
- Phone: 859.288.4960
- Fax: 859.288.4999
- Email: email@example.com