The paving operation is a critical part of the construction of a high quality and smooth asphalt pavement. It is important to understand the paving process; materials and how they affect the operation, proper operation of the equipment, and the use of best practices in order to obtain a durable, smooth-riding pavement that meets all the standards of quality con¬struction.
Topics to be discussed are:
- Addressing deficiencies in the underlying material
- Tack coat best practices to ensure pavement layers are well bonded
- Paving equipment selection to adequately handle plant production
- Consistent and uniform flow of mixture to and through the paver
- Use of best practices to set up and operate the paver
- Placement without temperature or physical segregation
- Improving joint density
Who Should Attend
This webinar is designed for technicians, engineers, materials suppliers, contractors, consultants, academia as well as federal, state, city and county officials and inspectors who are interested in learning more about quality asphalt construction.
- Wayne Jones, Asphalt Institute Senior Regional Engineer
Professional Development Hours
- 1.5 hrs., 1.5 PDHs
- Earned PDHs and certifications can be downloaded at your convenience when logged into the Asphalt Institute Learning Portal. Using the menu icon in the upper left corner, go to the “My Activities” menu option: select either the “Courses” or “Learning Plans” option from the menu on the page. To the right of each course or learning plan you have completed will be an award icon. Clicking that icon will allow you to download the desired certificate.
- Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate. See below for group registration.
Group Registration & PDH Certificate Policy
- Full details are listed on the Group Registration Policy page.