Two varieties of segregation can occur in an asphalt pavement, aggregate and/or thermal segregation. Both forms can result in premature failures of the pavement costing agencies millions of dollars nationwide. From aggregate selection and handling, to mix design, to proper and consistent paving operations, education on each of these issues is key to combating segregation and keeping it at bay.
This webinar will provide participants with the tools to recognized physical segregation, determine its cause(s), and address best practices for mix design and paving operations to stymie segregation from occurring in the first place. Thermal segregation and how to measure it will also be covered to instruct participants on what it is and how to prevent it from occurring.
Who Should Attend
This webinar was developed for those involved with design, construction, and inspection of asphalt roadways. It is intended to focus on areas critical to minimizing the presence of segregation in the construction of asphalt pavements. Agency, consultant, supplier, and contractor personnel at all experience levels will benefit from this webinar.
- Wayne Jones, Asphalt Institute Senior Regional Engineer
- Dave Johnson, Asphalt Institute Senior Regional Engineer
Professional Development Hours
- 1.5 hrs., 1.5 PDHs
- Earned PDHs and certifications can be downloaded at your convenience when logged into the Asphalt Institute Learning Portal. Using the menu icon in the upper left corner, go to the “My Activities” menu option: select either the “Courses” or “Learning Plans” option from the menu on the page. To the right of each course or learning plan you have completed will be an award icon. Clicking that icon will allow you to download the desired certificate.
- Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate. See below for group registration.
Group Registration & PDH Certificate Policy
- Full details are listed on the Group Registration Policy page.