All types of asphalt pavements can be recycled: low, medium and high traffic volume highways, county roads, city streets, airports, and parking lots. Asphalt pavement recycling technologies offers several methods to choose from, so each project must be carefully evaluated to determine the method most appropriate. Cold in-place recycling, the focus of this webinar, is a process where all or a portion of an existing asphalt pavement is reclaimed, processed on the grade, and used as a stabilized base course for a new asphalt surface.
This webinar is presented to provide the participant with an introduction to cold in-place recycling. The presentation will include the following:
- Description of the five recognized recycling techniques
- Cover both cold in-place recycling (CIR) and full depth reclamation (FDR)
- Pavement evaluation and testing
- Materials & design considerations
- Six basic steps to recycle an asphalt pavement
Who Should Attend
This webinar is designed for technicians, engineers, contractors, consultants, as well as state, city and county officials.
- H. Wayne Jones, P.E., Senior Regional Engineer, Asphalt Institute
Professional Development Hours
- 1.5 hrs., 1.5 PDHs
- Earned PDHs and certifications can be downloaded at your convenience when logged into the Asphalt Institute Learning Portal. Using the menu icon in the upper left corner, go to the “My Activities” menu option: select either the “Courses” or “Learning Plans” option from the menu on the page. To the right of each course or learning plan you have completed will be an award icon. Clicking that icon will allow you to download the desired certificate.
- Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate. See below for group registration.
Group Registration & PDH Certificate Policy
- Full details are listed on the Group Registration Policy page.