Project Selection, Design and Construction
This webinar represents a joint effort between the Asphalt Institute, the National Asphalt Pavement Association, and the National Center for Asphalt Technology. It is designed to provide a thorough overview of the important aspects of thin lift asphalt overlays and how they differ from standard overlay considerations. A goal of this webinar is to increase the longevity of thin lift asphalt overlays through proper project selection, design and construction practices. Specific examples of successful usage by state agencies are included as references.
This webinar will cover the following:
- Introductory Topics
- Project Selection
- Mix Design
- Moisture Considerations
- Surface Preparation
- Testing and QC/QA
- Case Studies
- Danny Gierhart, P.E., Senior Regional Engineer, Asphalt Institute
- Kent Hanson, P.E., Director of Engineering, NAPA
- Dr. Michael Heitzman, Assistant Director, Senior Researcher, NCAT as webinar panelists
Professional Development Hours
- 1.5 hrs., 1.5 PDHs
- Earned PDHs and certifications can be downloaded at your convenience when logged into the Asphalt Institute Learning Portal. Using the menu icon in the upper left corner, go to the “My Activities” menu option: select either the “Courses” or “Learning Plans” option from the menu on the page. To the right of each course or learning plan you have completed will be an award icon. Clicking that icon will allow you to download the desired certificate.
- Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate. See below for group registration.
Group Registration & PDH Certificate Policy
- Full details are listed on the Group Registration Policy page.