This webinar discusses some important asphalt mix characteristics and the most common mix issue with translating a laboratory-prepared mix design to field production. Several methods are discussed to optimize the mix design and make it easier to make plant adjustments that address the most common problems associated with air voids and voids in mineral aggregate (VMA).
- Demystifying Asphalt Mix Properties
- Tips and tools for lab control of mix designs
- Tips and tools for field control of mix designs
Who Should Attend
This webinar is intended for technicians and asphalt mix designers, asphalt plant personnel, inspectors, supervisors and managers. This includes contractors, consultants, engineers, and agencies, including federal agencies such as FAA, FHWA, and military as well as DOD contractors, state DOT, city and county personnel, and facility and asset managers responsible for asphalt projects (highways, streets, roads, airfields, ports, etc.).
- Amma Wakefield, Asphalt Institute Regional Engineer
Professional Development Hours
- 1.5 hrs., 1.5 PDHs
- Earned PDHs and certifications can be downloaded at your convenience when logged into the Asphalt Institute Learning Portal. Using the menu icon in the upper left corner, go to the “My Activities” menu option: select either the “Courses” or “Learning Plans” option from the menu on the page. To the right of each course or learning plan you have completed will be an award icon. Clicking that icon will allow you to download the desired certificate.
- Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate. See below for group registration.
Group Registration & PDH Certificate Policy
- Full details are listed on the Group Registration Policy page.