JOB TITLE: Asphalt Institute Foundation Program and Development Manager
SUPERVISOR’S TITLE: Director of Marketing and Membership
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: No Direct Reports
FLSA STATUS: Exempt (EX)
LOCATION: AI HQ, 2696 Research Park Drive, Lexington, KY
LAST REVISED: April 10, 2019
As an employee of the Asphalt Institute, this position is responsible for the management and coordination of donors and programs, including fundraising and marketing efforts, for the Asphalt Institute Foundation’s (AIF), a 501 (c)(3) public charity. AIF develops and conducts strategic research and educational activities which are designed to advance and improve the liquid asphalt industry. Below is a list of essential functions performed by this position.
Essential Job Functions:
Under general direction of the Director of Marketing and Membership this position performs the following
- Responsible for managing both long term and day to day activities of the Asphalt Institute Foundation. Supports the Foundation mission set forth by the Asphalt Institute Foundation Board of Directors and its President. Coordinates routinely with Foundation Board, Officers, Task Force and Committee Chairs and Asphalt Institute Directors.
- Provides support to the AIF Board of Directors and Committees, coordinating extensively with Asphalt Institute (AI) Directors and staff on all AIF matters. Coordinates AIF board and committee meetings and assists in creating presentation materials. Updates AIF committees routinely using inperson briefings, telephone conferences and written correspondence. Attends all board and committee meetings, records meeting minutes and manages follow-up of board and committee tasks.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of relationships with all AIF donors and potential donors via electronic, telephonic and written communication. Works closely with Development Committee in donor development activities. Responsible for maintaining donor records, including website and meeting materials. Writes and sends acknowledgement letters as part of the AIF communication plan. Coordinates extensively with the Asphalt Institute finance and accounting department to ensure accuracy and timeliness of all donor related actions.
- Responsible for promotion and recruitment of the AIF Internship Program. This includes AIF member company participation recruitment and coordination of student activities in efforts to connect students with internship positions and promote future careers within the asphalt industry. Works with the AIF Board of Directors, Education Committee, AI staff, member companies and students to develop overall AIF Internship Program criteria, orientation, etc. Responsible for communication and coordination of internship program professional speakers, photographers, etc. Monitors and seeks continuous feedback from all engaged parties throughout the internship season.
- Recruits, trains and motivates AI members, staff and volunteers to assist with fundraising activities. Executes and maintains the AIF Communication Plan. Responsible for providing necessary communication regarding AIF events, projects, fundraisers, etc. to proper audience throughout the year (via ecards, emails, promotional flyers, telephonically, in person, etc.)
- Manages activities and events that generate program revenue for the Foundation. Identifies and solicits sources of funding from public and/or private funding resources.
- Responsible for creating and generating reports on a monthly, quarterly and ad hoc basis. Tracks all Foundation fundraising revenue and monitors program financial results. Manages donor database within association management software provided.
- Develops and implements marketing plans and activities in coordination with the Asphalt Institute Marketing and Membership department for specific projects and programs of the Foundation. This includes but is not limited to AIF Golf Scramble, AIF STAR Symposium, University Textbook Program and donor campaigns.
- Assists in the development of the annual budget for the Foundation. Once approved, responsible for the program execution and budget management. Works closely with Asphalt Institute finance and accounting departments following established financial policies. Ensures all fundraising practices comply with accounting standards, State and Federal regulations, and established Foundation policies and procedures.
- Creates AIF promotional materials and research materials as needed, often by coordinating their development either within the Institute’s own staff or managing external sources.
- Develops an annual report for the Foundation that highlights the previous year’s results of activities, programs and events. Coordinates annual report mailing to all Foundation donors (past and present) and AI members on a yearly basis.
- Manages and fulfills requests for technical publications from university professors/instructors through the University Textbook Program on a rolling basis.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this position. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Knowledge and Abilities:
A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a field conducive to fundraising success, business administration, nonprofit management, or related field is a requirement. Proficient computer skills required. Proficient written and oral communication skills are essential to the success of this position. Exceptional coordination and diplomacy skills are required. Donor database experience preferred.
Five (5) years of experience working for non-profit organization(s), with fundraising, program management
and marketing experience required.
Other Requirements and Conditions
- Position has no unusual physical demands; however, it will require commercial airline and automobile travel principally within the U.S. and Canada. Travel is expected to be less than 20% of the time. A valid US driver’s license is required to maintain the position.
- Consistent, timely attendance is a requirement.
How to Apply?
- Submit an application through Indeed.com
- Submit a cover letter and resume or CV directly to AI’s HR Manager through email.
Last Updated: April 10, 2019