Issues receiving emailed messages from the Asphalt Institute’s web portal?
We have been made aware that some users are not receiving the email messages generated by our new web portal. For example, password resets, event registration notifications, purchase invoices and receipts, etc. It is reported that these emails are being deposited into the user’s Spam, Junk or Clutter folders. However, quite a few are not receiving these messages to any mailbox.
The first option is client level whitelisting
Whitelisting refers to the process of granting a specific IP address, domain or email address access to a server or system. With client level whitelisting you would be telling your email client (Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Gmail, etc.) that specific messages are being sent by a known, safe sender.
- You can read more about Whitelisting from SendGrid:
- You can read more about whitelisting from ClickDimensions:
- You can read more about whitelisting from Docebo:
- You can find instructions on how to add email addresses to your safe senders list:
- Microsoft instructions on blocking or allowing (junk email settings):
The Asphalt Institute uses the following:
- DOMAIN: asphaltinstitute.org
- EMAIL: email@example.com
The Asphalt Institute also uses the following:
- DOMAIN: asphaltmagazine.com
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org or directly from our Media and Publications Manager
- DOMAIN: asphaltfoundation.org
- EMAIL: directly from the AIF Program & Development Manager
The next option is IT level whitelisting
This refers to passing this page to your company’s IT department, so they can update the company email server settings. The IT department should whitelist the Asphalt Institute domains listed above as well as the SendGrid, ClickDimensions, and Docebo domain(s). This will tell the email server that it should expect to receive emails from any from address containing these domains.