1. Introduction and Acceptance
Our Services are offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. By using our Services, you represent and warrant that you meet the foregoing eligibility requirement. If you do not meet this requirement, you must not access or use the Services.
3. Accessing the Services and Account Security
Upon payment of any applicable fees, Asphalt Institute grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to
- (1) access and view the Services,
- (2) access and use the software and mobile applications provided by or through the Services, and
- (3) use the software that is embedded in the services offered by or through the Services as authorized in these Terms.
Use of the Services or some of the resources and services it offers requires that you create an account by providing us with a valid email address and password. You are responsible for all activity that occurs in association with your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account credentials, and any damages caused by your failure to do so. It is your responsibility to select whether you choose to have your account listed publicly or remain private.
We provide services for educational, entertainment and promotional purposes only. You may not rely on any information and opinions expressed through any of our services for any other purpose. In all instances, it is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or usefulness of the services. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on the services.
In some instances, the services will include content posted by a third-party or will represent the opinions and judgments of a third-party. We do not endorse, warrant, and are not responsible for the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made through the services by anyone other than authorized employees of Asphalt Institute or authorized spokespersons of Asphalt Institute acting in their official capacity.
We reserve the right to withdraw or modify our Services, and any service or material we provide on the Services, in our sole discretion and without notice. We will not be liable if, for any reason, all or any part of the Services is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Services, or the entire Services, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Services; and
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to our Services or portions of it using your user name, password or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
4. Intellectual Property Rights
The Services and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by Asphalt Institute, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials;
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes;
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Services for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution;
- If we provide desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications; and
- If we provide social media features with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from the Services;
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text; or
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Services.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Services or any services or materials available through the Services.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Services other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: email@example.com.
All trademarks, service marks, trade dress, product and service names, logos, tag lines, designs and slogans displayed on the Services are the sole and exclusive property of Asphalt Institute (or its affiliates, licensors, contractors and their respective managers) or third parties. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the respective party.
6. Prohibited Uses
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries);
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation;
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Asphalt Institute, an Asphalt Institute employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing); or
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Services, or which, as determined by us, may harm Asphalt Institute or users of the Services or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Services in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Services, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Services;
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Services for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Services;
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Services or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent;
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Services;
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Services, the server on which the Services are stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Services;
- Attack the Services via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack; or
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services.
7. User Contributions
The Services may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services“) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post“) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions“) on or through the Services.
Any User Contribution you post to the Services will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Services, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective managers, licensees, successors and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective managers, licensees, contractors, successors and assigns; and
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not Asphalt Institute, have fully responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness.
We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Services.
8. Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion;
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy;
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Services; and
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Services. YOU WAIVE, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS ASPHALT INSTITUTE AND ITS AFFILIATES, MANAGERS, AFFILIATES’ MANAGERS, LICENSEES, CONTRACTORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we do not undertake to review material before it is posted on the Services and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
9. Content Standards
These content standards (the “Content Standards“) apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable;
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person;
- Be likely to deceive any person;
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act;
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization;
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising; or
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity if this is not the case.
10. Notice of Copyright Infringement
We respect other’s intellectual property and proprietary rights. It is the policy of Asphalt Institute to terminate the user accounts of repeat infringers. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have designated a Copyright Agent to receive notice of claims of alleged copyright infringement on the Services. If you believe that your copyrighted material has been used or copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and such infringement is occurring on the Services or on sites linked to or from the Services, please send our Designated Agent a notice containing the following elements:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyrighted work(s) that is/are alleged to have been infringed;
- A description of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim is/are infringing and the location where the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work(s) exists/exist (for example, the URL of the Services where the copyrighted work(s) is/are lawfully published; the name, edition and page(s) of a book, etc.);
- A description of where the material that you claim is/are infringing is/are located on the Services, including the URL, so that we can locate the material;
- Your address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material identified in the notice is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or applicable law; and
- A statement by you, under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Send the notice containing the above information to the following Designated Agent:
- Name of Designated Agent: Library Services & Resource Specialist, Asphalt Institute, Inc.
- Mailing Address: 2696 Research Park Drive, Lexington, Kentucky 40511 USA
- U.S. Telephone number: 859-288-4960
- U.S. Fax number: 859-288-4999
- E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Services is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Services, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Our Services may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by Asphalt Institute, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Asphalt Institute. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
12. Changes to the Services
We may update the content on our Services from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Services may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
13. Information About You and Your Visits to the Services
14. Other Terms and Conditions
15. Linking to the Services and Social Media Features
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part without our express prior written consent.
Our Services may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on our Services;
- Send e-mails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on our Services; and
- Cause limited portions of content on our Services to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us, solely with respect to the content they are displayed with and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you;
- Cause the Services or portions of it to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other site;
- Link to any part of the Services other than the homepage; or
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
16. Links from the Services
If the Services contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to our Services, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
17. Geographic Restrictions
The owner of the Services is based in the Commonwealth of Kentucky in the United States. We make no claims that the Services or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States or Canada. Access to the Services may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Services from outside the United States or Canada, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
18. Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Services will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICES, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER ASPHALT INSTITUTE NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH ASPHALT INSTITUTE MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER ASPHALT INSTITUTE NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH ASPHALT INSTITUTE REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SERVICES, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE SERVICES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
ASPHALT INSTITUTE HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
19. Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL ASPHALT INSTITUTE, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR MANAGERS, LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICES, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE SERVICES OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
21. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
23. Limitation on Time to File Claims
24. Waiver and Severability
25. Entire Agreement
26. Your Comments and Concerns
Our Services are operated by: Asphalt Institute Inc., located at:2696 Research Park Drive
Lexington, Kentucky 40511 USA.
All notices of copyright infringement claims should be sent to the copyright agent designated in Section 10 in the manner and by the means set forth therein.
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Services should be directed to: email@example.com.
Updating This Policy
We recognize that transparency is an ongoing responsibility so we will keep our Terms and Conditions under regular review. By visiting our Services and using our services your personal data will be processed in accordance with the then-current version of this Policy.
Our Terms and Conditions was last updated on June 1, 2018.