Please see the Maintenance & Rehabilitation FAQs, other engineering areas, Asphalt magazine, APA website, Asphalt Institute online store and links page for other information related to this topic area.
We also recommend that you attend our Asphalt Academy courses at sites throughout the country to obtain expert instruction on asphalt topics.
- Concrete Pavement Analyst (CPA) - Setting the Record Straight (PDF 605KB)
- Debunking Streetpave
- ABCs of Pavement Preservation by Ontario Hot Mix Asphalt Producers Association (OHMPA) (PDF 1.3MB)
- Procedure For Resolving Differences In Asphalt Binder Testing (PDF 220KB)
- Pavement Type Selection (PDF 500KB)
- ABCs of Driveways by Ontario Hot Mix Asphalt Producers Association (OHMPA) (PDF 385KB)
- Intersection Strategy 1: Developing a Strategy for Better Performing Intersection Pavements (PDF 692KB)
- Intersection Strategy 2: Ensuring Structural Adequacy-A Key Step to Intersection Strategies (PDF 664KB)
- Intersection Strategy 3: Materials and Construction Concerns for Improved Intersection Performance (PDF 655KB)
- Intersection Strategy 4: Three Examples of Implementing the Plan (PDF 4.3MB)
- World's Strongest Intersection (PDF 483KB)
Design, Construction and Performance of HMA For Railroad Trackbeds (PDF 355KB)
- You can also visit a web page on the University of Kentucky website where you can download papers, PowerPoints and also the computer program called KENTRACK, which is computer program for hot mix asphalt and conventional ballast railway trackbeds.
Out of print Asphalt Institute Construction Leaflets
- CL-2 Model Specifications For Small Paving Jobs (PDF 1.5MB)
- CL-3 Full Depth for Asphalt Bicycle Paths (PDF 1.54MB)
- CL-5 Pavement Rehabilitation - Preperation for Asphalt Overlays (PDF 1.6MB)
- CL-7 Planned Stage Construction (PDF 1.5MB)
- CL-11 Ful Depth Asphalt for Private Driveways (PDF 745KB)