Safe handling of liquid asphalt by terminal workers and tanker-truck drivers is extremely important because liquid asphalt is stored and transported at high temperatures.
The Asphalt Institute is dedicated to safety and reliability at every stage of the asphalt life cycle, from refining, to transport, installation to recycling and eventual disposal. Safe handling procedures are a vital component of this approach, ensuring that any risk to workers and members of the public is minimized.
- Pyrophoric Material Formation in Heated Asphalt Storage Tanks
- Asphalt Tanker Loading Compatibility Matrix
- Asphalt Magazine Article – Preventing Fires at Asphalt Facilities
- Asphalt Magazine Article – Cooling Asphalt Burns
- Asphalt Magazine Article – Staying Safe is a Top Priority
- Asphalt Magazine Article – New Paper Released on Pyrophoric Material Formation in Tanks
- Asphalt Institute Online Academy – Cooling Asphalt Burns
- Asphalt Institute Online Store – Cooling Asphalt Burns DVD
- Asphalt Institute Online Academy – Safe Handling of Hot Asphalt course
- Asphalt Institute Online Store – Safe Handling of Hot Asphalt DVD