Asphalt Pavement Design, Construction and Maintenance
(3-day course / 22 PDHs)
$1,195 per person
$995 for State Aviation Officials
$795 for FAA personnel
Course Description | Who Should Attend | Highlighted Topics | Detailed Workshop Program | Bring Laptop | Fees & Materials | Locations, Dates, Hotel Information | Register Online | Mail/Fax-in Registration Form | Contact Info | Transfer, Cancellation & Refund Policy
This workshop provides the most up-to-date information for those designing, constructing and managing asphalt airport pavements. Focus is on current FAA and other applicable industry standards, including specifications, advisory circulars, criteria and policy. Topics covered include pavement design and evaluation, materials, mix design, construction, preservation and rehabilitation practices, along with innovative pavement technologies for airports.
The workshop is intended for airport managers and engineers, consultants, engineering personnel, testing laboratory personnel, construction inspectors, and others who have responsibility for airport pavement design, construction, maintenance and rehabilitation.
- FAA Thickness Design
- Pavement Evaluation
- Maintenance and Rehabilitation Methods
- Materials and Construction
- Quality Control and Assurance
- P-401 Specifications, Marshall and Gyratory Mixes
FAARFIELD is the FAA’s pavement thickness design software. Participants are encouraged to bring laptop computers with FAARFIELD pre-loaded to be able to perform hands-on classroom examples during the workshop. Go to http://www.faa.gov/airports/engineering/design_software/ to download and install the software prior to the workshop. The most recent version of FAARFIELD (version 1.305) is provided as part of the class materials. While encouraged, laptops are not a firm requirement as the instructor will be demonstrating the examples on a screen.
The registration fee is $1,195 per person and needs to be received prior to the course date. The registration fee for state aviation officials (SAO) is $995 per person. The registration fee for FAA employees is $795 per person, since this is an FAA co-sponsored workshop. SAO and FAA employees need to call the Asphalt Institute at 859.288.4960 to register. The discounted rates apply ONLY to employees of the SAO and FAA, respectively – not airport contractors or other government agencies.
Fees cover all workshop materials and costs including continental breakfasts, lunches and break refreshments. The following publications are included:
- Asphalt Institute MS-2, Mix Design Methods
- Asphalt Institute MS-22, Construction of Hot Mix Asphalt
- FAA AC 00-2, Advisory Circular Checklist
- FAA AC 150/5320-6E, Airport Pavement Design and Evaluation
- FAA AC 150/5370-10G, Specifying Construction of Airports
- FAA AC 150/5370-13A, Off-Peak Construction of HMA
- FAA AC 150/5380-6C, Guidelines & Procedures for Maintenance of Airport Pavements
- FAA AC 150/5380-7B, Pavement Management System
- Course Workbook, includes all presentations and handouts
- FAARFIELD, FAA Airport Pavement Design Software
|November 14-16, 2017||Linthicum, MD||Embassy Suites Hotel at BWI Airport
1300 Concourse Dr.
Linthicum, MD 21090Rate: $129 plus tax per nightClick here to make your hotel reservation online or call 410.865.8125 and ask for group code ASP to get the Asphalt Institute rate.
- If you work for an Asphalt Institute member company and this is your first time registering, please call 859.288.4960 to set up an account.
- If you are an SAO or FAA employee please call 859.288.4960 for assistance in registering in order to receive your discounted rate or use the mail/fax-in registration form below.
Transfer, Cancellation and Refund Policy:
You may cancel without penalty up to three weeks prior to course start date. If you provide the Asphalt Institute with less than three weeks notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire seminar fee.
You may also send someone to take your place. We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can. Therefore, please call us at 859.288.4960.
For more information contact:
Asphalt Institute Headquarters