Upcoming Class Dates
|NOV 15-17, 2021||8:00AM – 5:00PM||ONLINE||Enroll Today!|
|FEB 8-10, 2022||8:00AM – 5:00PM||AI Headquarters, Lexington, KY||Enroll Today!|
|MAR 29-31, 2022||8:00AM – 5:00PM||AI Headquarters, Lexington, KY||Enroll Today!|
|NOV 1-3, 2022||8:00AM – 5:00PM||AI Headquarters, Lexington, KY||Enroll Today!|
- Day 1: 11:00 AM EST – 3:30 PM EST (lecture)
- Day 2: 11:00 AM EST – 3:30 PM EST (lecture and exam scheduling)
- Day 3: 11:00 AM EST – 1:15 PM EST (instructions and written exam)
- Day 3: 1:45 PM EST (begin practical exams)
- Day 4: 9:00 AM EST (resume practical exams as needed)
- Day 1: 8:00 – 5:00 (lecture)
- Day 2: 8:00 – 10:00 (written exam)
- Day 2: 10:00 AM EST – 5:00 (practical exams)
- Day 3: 8:00 – ? (continue practical exams)
The National Emulsion Technician Certification (NETC) Program is built on the success of the National Binder Technician Certification (NBTC) Program that has been administered by the Asphalt Institute since 2008. The purpose of the NBTC program is to address a need recognized by industry to reduce variability in Performance Graded (PG) asphalt binder test data.
In response to a similar need in the asphalt emulsion industry, the Asphalt Institute has established the NETC Program with the same goals in mind – to reduce variability in asphalt emulsion test data by promoting a standard laboratory best-practice and ensuring that asphalt emulsion technicians are knowledgeable and fully qualified to produce valid specification compliance and quality assurance data.
The NETC course consists of three elements:
- Classroom Review – a comprehensive review of background information (overview of asphalt emulsions, sampling/handling), specifications, and test procedures.
- Written Exam – timed, open-book/note exam to demonstrate knowledge of asphalt emulsions, specifications, and test procedures
- Laboratory Proficiency Exam – demonstration of selected asphalt emulsion tests to demonstrate proficiency in lab testing procedures
Mandatory: Applicants must have either 6 months experience in emulsion testing or 30 days training in PG testing under an NETC certified technician.
Fees & Registration
- The registration fee is $1,595, $1,295 for BET attendees.
- The registration fee for students who previously attended the Basic Emulsion Technician Training course is $1,295.
- Registration fees must be received prior to the course date.
- Early registration is recommended as the classes are limited to 10 students per instructor
- The registration fee includes the review course, the course text which draws from our MS-19 Basic Asphalt Emulsion Manual, the course manual MS-19 Basic Asphalt Emulsion Manual, the written exam and the laboratory proficiency exam. Lunch and refreshments are included if attending a course held at AI Headquarters.
Professional Development Hours
- 3 day course, 10.25 PDHs
- If you work for an Asphalt Institute member company and this is your first time registering, please call 859.288.4960 if you need assistance in setting up an account.
Transfers, Cancellation and Refund Policy
- For the virtual course, you may cancel without penalty up to one week prior to course start date. If you provide the Asphalt Institute with less than one week’s notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire seminar fee.
- For in-person courses, you may cancel without penalty up to three weeks prior to course start date. If you provide the Asphalt Institute with less than three weeks’ notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire seminar fee. You may send someone to take your place. We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can. Therefore, please call us at 859.288.4960.
Inclement Weather Info
In case of inclement weather please check our Inclement Weather Information page for further instructions.