The National Emulsion Technician Certification (NETC) Program is built on the success of the National Binder Technician Certification (NBTC) Program that has been administered by the Asphalt Institute since 2008. The purpose of the NBTC program is to address a need recognized by industry to reduce variability in Performance Graded (PG) asphalt binder test data.
In response to a similar need in the asphalt emulsion industry, the Asphalt Institute has established the NETC Program with the same goals in mind – to reduce variability in asphalt emulsion test data by promoting a standard laboratory best-practice and ensuring that asphalt emulsion technicians are knowledgeable and fully qualified to produce valid specification compliance and quality assurance data.
The NETC course consists of three elements:
- Classroom Review – a comprehensive review of background information (overview of asphalt emulsions, sampling/handling), specifications, and test procedures.
- Written Exam – timed, open-book/note exam to demonstrate knowledge of asphalt emulsions, specifications, and test procedures
- Laboratory Proficiency Exam – demonstration of selected asphalt emulsion tests to demonstrate proficiency in lab testing procedures
|NOV 19 – 21, 2019||Day 1 – 3: 8:00am – 5:00pm||Asphalt Institute Headquarters
2696 Research Park Dr
Lexington, KY 40511-8480
How to Apply:
The first step toward attending one of the program dates is to complete and submit a National Emulsion Technician Certification Application. After completing the form, email the application to Nicole Corbin (NETC Registrar) or fax it to 859.422.1307.
Program Fees & Registration:
- The registration fee is $1,495.
- The registration fee for recertifying students is $1,195.
- The registration fee for students who previously attended the Basic Emulsion Technician Training course is $1,195.
- Registration fees must be received prior to the course date.
- Early registration is recommended as the classes are limited to 10 students per instructor
- Day 1 (8:00am – 5:00pm): Classroom review of background information (overview of asphalt emulsions, sampling/handling), specifications, and test procedures.
- Day 2 (8:00am – 5:00pm): Laboratory Proficiency Exam (Individual Time Slots)
- Day 3 (8:00am – 10:00am): Written Exam
Day 2 (10:15am – 5:00pm): Laboratory Proficiency Exam (Individual Time Slots)
- (281KB) NETC Agenda
Students will be offered the opportunity to select time slots for their laboratory proficiency exam based on the order in which they become a paid registered student. Although the course is scheduled for three days to accommodate all students, with proper scheduling of the Laboratory Proficiency Exam time slots it is possible to be done after the second day.
Professional Development Hours:
- 3 day course, 10.25 PDHs
If you work for an Asphalt Institute member company and this is your first time registering, please call 859.288.4960 if you need assistance in setting up an account.
Transfer, Cancellation and Refund Policy:
You may cancel without penalty up to three weeks prior to course start date. If you provide the Asphalt Institute with less than three weeks notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire seminar fee.
You may also send someone to take your place. We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can. Therefore, please call us at 859.288.4960.
Hotel Information & Helpful Links:
- (268KB) Lexington, KY Hotels
- (4MB) Asphalt Academy Brochure
- (478KB) Asphalt Academy Mail / Fax Registration Form
For more information contact:
Inclement Weather Info:
In case of inclement weather please check our Inclement Weather Information page for further instructions.