An Introduction to the Bailey Method (Optimizing Volumetrics and HMA Compactability)
Register online to view this webinar recording
Have you ever wondered why your volumetric test results were passing in the morning and failing miserably by noon? This webinar will explain several reasons why this can occur. This webinar will cover the basics of VMA and Air Voids and explain how absorption affects your results. We will discuss the Baily Method, which is an innovative aggregate and mixture analysis system that can accurately estimate the effects of aggregate packing and how that affects mix volumetrics. The four basic principles of the Baily Method will be introduced to help explain mysterious volumetric changes that can occur in field produced mixtures.
Who Should Attend
This webinar is intended for inspectors, technicians, engineers, project managers, and consultants who are actively engaged in asphalt mix design and quality control operations of hot mix asphalt plants. Aggregate manufacturers involved with the production of mineral aggregate for hot mix use would also benefit.
- Understanding Volumetric Testing In The Field
- Explaining Bailey Aggregate Packing Characteristics
- Defining Mixture Type – Baily Principle #1
- Coarse Aggregate Ratio – Principle #2
- Fine Aggregate Coarse Ratio – Principle #3
- Fine Aggregate Fine Ratio – Principle #4
- Summarize Mixture Effects Due To Gradation Change
Instructions for viewing a recorded webinar (PDF 706 kb)
(A PDH Certificate is available upon request after you view the recording by sending an email to email@example.com with the name of the session and full name you used to register)
Fees & Registration
The registration fee is $50.
NOTE: Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate.
See below for group registration.
Group Registrations and Discounts
Group Registration and discounts are available upon request.
- We encourage and support group registrations for AI’s live and recorded events
- A webinar “group” is more than 1 individual sharing a single computer (with or without a projector) to view a webinar at the same time at a single location.
- Each group must have a designated Group Coordinator who will serve as the point of contact for all communications such as the access code and instructions
- The Group Coordinator will be charged the full undiscounted registration cost of $50 for each session registered for. All additional attendees will be charged a discounted fee of $30 per person for each session registered for.
- Group registrations can be requested by clicking this link: Group Registration and PDH Certificate Policy and completeing the form ; or contacting Charlena Gray via phone or email at 859-288-4961 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each registered group participant will receive a PDH also if requested.
For more information contact: