Constructing high quality asphalt pavements is the goal of our industry. You can learn to produce high quality pavements by learning the basic principles of hot-mix asphalt pavement construction and the inspector’s responsibilities at the various stages in the construction process. You will develop a general understanding of hot-mix materials, production, placement and compaction operations. Extra attention will be given to mix placement and compaction.
- Inspection and the Inspector
- Plant Operations
- Placement Operations
- Rolling and Compaction
- Aceptance and Testing
- Lunch will be provided at approximately noon
- There will be a mid-morning and mid-afternoon break
- Adjourn @ 5:00pm
- Includes a FREE copy of the Asphalt Institute’s MS-22 Construction manual.
Who Should Attend:
This workshop is designed for engineers, inspectors, technicians and contractor personnel responsible for quality control of paving materials, mix design procedures, the inspection and operations of asphalt plants and paving operations. Participation should include personnel from federal, state, county and local agencies, airport authorities, paving contractors, consulting engineers and testing laboratories. The workshop is geared for the technician level and as a basic refresher course for the practicing engineer.
7:30am – 8:00am
8:00am – 5:00pm
Fees & Registration:
- The registration fee is $265 for courses in the US in 2019.
- Registration fees must be received prior to the course date.
- The Asphalt Institute has the right to cancel this class if registration does not meet a minimum number of students. Registrants will be notified 7 days prior to the class if this occurs
- (4MB) Constructing Quality Asphalt Pavement Course Flyer and Registration Form (2019)
Professional Development Hours:
- 1 day course, 7.5 PDHs
Testimonials from attendees:
- My boss told me I would benefit greatly from this course. He was right.
- Very effective and informative training; definitely worth the time!
- This was the best Asphalt related class I have been to; It covered the full range of material (material science, design, construction).
If you work for an Asphalt Institute member company and this is your first time registering, please call 859.288.4960 if you need assistance in setting up an account.
Transfer, Cancellation and Refund Policy:
You may cancel without penalty up to three weeks prior to course start date. If you provide the Asphalt Institute with less than three weeks notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire seminar fee.
You may also send someone to take your place. We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can. Therefore, please call us at 859.288.4960.
Hotel Information & Helpful Links:
For more information contact:
Inclement Weather Info:
In case of inclement weather please check our Inclement Weather Information page for further instructions.