Understanding the basics of hot-mix asphalt – its composition and the importance of proper transporting, placement and compaction – is a vital necessity for anyone involved in the construction or inspection of asphalt pavements. This 2-day course taught by engineers of the Asphalt Institute provides participants with a solid foundation in the following areas:
- Asphalt cements
- Mix design and plant operations (as they relate to field applications)
- Proper hauling, placement and compaction procedures
Who Should Attend:
This course has been developed for anyone seeking a basic understanding of hot-mix asphalt pavements. It is intended to focus on areas critical to the successful completion of an asphalt pavement. This course is also valuable for individuals who plan to apply for field technician certification in Pennsylvania.
|TBD||Day 1: 8:45am – 4:30pm
Day 2: 8:15am – 4:30pm
Fees & Registration:
- The registration fee is $495.
- Registration fees must be received prior to the course date.
- The fee includes course instruction, refreshment breaks, lunch both days and all seminar materials.
- Hotel accommodations are not included and attendees are responsible for making their own hotel reservations.
- Early registration is recommended as the classes typically fill quickly.
Professional Development Hours:
- 2 day course, 13 PDHs
- Mark D. Blow, P.E., Regional Engineer, Asphalt Institute
- Gregory A. Harder, P.E., Regional Engineer, Asphalt Institute
If you work for an Asphalt Institute member company and this is your first time registering, please call 859.288.4960 if you need assistance in setting up an account.
Transfer, Cancellation and Refund Policy:
You may cancel without penalty up to three weeks prior to course start date. If you provide the Asphalt Institute with less than three weeks notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire seminar fee.
You may also send someone to take your place. We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can. Therefore, please call us at 859.288.4960.
Hotel Information & Helpful Links:
- $124 per night plus tax (Single/Double)
- Cut-off Date: Sunday, October 13, 2019
- To reserve your hotel reservation online, go to www.pennstatehotels.com or by calling 800-233-7505.
- Use Group Code: HMAS19A
- (4MB) Asphalt Academy Brochure
- (478KB) Asphalt Academy Mail / Fax Registration Form
For more information contact:
Inclement Weather Info:
In case of inclement weather please check our Inclement Weather Information page for further instructions.