Optimizing Volumetrics and HMA Compactability Utilizing the Bailey Method
Have you ever wondered why your volumetric test results were passing in the morning and failing miserably by noon? This webinar will explain several reasons why this can occur. This webinar will cover the basics of VMA and Air Voids and explain how absorption affects your results. We will discuss the Baily Method, which is an innovative aggregate and mixture analysis system that can accurately estimate the effects of aggregate packing and how that affects mix volumetrics. The four basic principles of the Baily Method will be introduced to help explain mysterious volumetric changes that can occur in field produced mixtures.
- Understanding Volumetric Testing In The Field
- Explaining Bailey Aggregate Packing Characteristics
- Defining Mixture Type – Baily Principle #1
- Coarse Aggregate Ratio – Principle #2
- Fine Aggregate Coarse Ratio – Principle #3
- Fine Aggregate Fine Ratio – Principle #4
- Summarize Mixture Effects Due To Gradation Change
- Register online to view this webinar
- (2MB) Instructions for viewing a recorded webinar
- To register and pay for this series you can contact our offices by phone (859.288.4960) or email (email@example.com)
Professional Development Hours:
- 2 hrs., 2 PDHs
A PDH Certificate is available upon request after you complete the session by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the webinar and full name you used to register.
- Mark Blow, P.E., Regional Engineer, Asphalt Institute
Who Should Attend:
This webinar is intended for inspectors, technicians, engineers, project managers, and consultants who are actively engaged in asphalt mix design and quality control operations of hot mix asphalt plants. Aggregate manufacturers involved with the production of mineral aggregate for hot mix use would also benefit.
- Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate. See below for group registration.
- We would encourage you to visit http://support.webex.com/support/system-requirements.html to ensure your system is compatible with our webinar system before you register or as soon as possible afterward.
- We also highly recommend that you go to: http://www.webex.com/lp/jointest/ and join a test meeting to load the client and test your system.
Group Registration & PDH Certificate Policy
- Full details are listed on our Group Registration Policy page.