This webinar provides a general introduction to asphalt binders, covering the following topics:
- constituents of asphalt binders
- physical properties,
- how asphalt binders behave
- preparation for testing (sampling, heating, and splitting)
- asphalt binder tests and specifications
- modified asphalt binders
- asphalt emulsions and cutbacks
- asphalt binders used in roofing
Fees & Registration:
- The registration fee is $50 for this recorded session.
- Register online to view this recorded webinar
- Instructions for viewing a recorded webinar (PDF 706KB)
To register and pay for this series please contact our offices by phone (859.288.4960) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Professional Development Hours:
- 1.5 hrs., 1.5 PDHs
A PDH Certificate is available upon request after you complete the session by sending an email to email@example.com with the name of the webinar and full name you used to register.
- R. Michael Anderson, P.E., Asphalt Institute Director of Research and Lab Services
Who Should Attend:
The webinar is intended for participants who want an elementary understanding of asphalt binders without spending more than 90 minutes in training. At the conclusion of the webinar, participants should have a general understanding of what asphalt binders are, how they behave with temperature and time of loading, and how they are used. For more in-depth training, please see the Asphalt Binder Series and Introduction to Asphalt Rheology.
- Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate. See below for group registration.
- We would encourage you to visit http://support.webex.com/support/system-requirements.html to ensure your system is compatible with our webinar system before you register or as soon as possible afterward.
- We also highly recommend that you go to: http://www.webex.com/lp/jointest/ and join a test meeting to load the client and test your system.
Group Registration & PDH Certificate Policy
- Full details are listed on our Group Registration Policy page.