What makes an asphalt pavement a durable asphalt pavement? The answer to this question really is a combination of factors – all of which can contribute to success or early failure. The purpose of this four-part webinar series is to provide the attendee with a holistic understanding of the various factors that can impact the durability of an asphalt pavement from the selection of materials and pre-construction decisions to preservation of the pavement after it has been built and opened to traffic.
|Session Part I: Durable Asphalt Pavements: Materials
Instructor(s): Brian Prowell and Bob McGennis
Materials – the properties of aggregates and asphalt binder can impact the durability of an asphalt mixture in service in positive and negative ways.
|Session Part II: Durable Asphalt Pavements: Design
Instructor(s): Richard Willis and Don Christensen
Design – thickness design, designing Perpetual Pavements, and proper mix design work with good materials to provide a great start on the path to becoming a durable asphalt pavement.
|Session Part III: Durable Asphalt Pavements: Production and Construction
Instructor(s): Erv Dukatz, Becky McDaniel, and Tim Aschenbrener
Production and Construction – great materials and proper design practices may not matter if the asphalt mixture is not properly produced and constructed.
|Session Part IV: Durable Asphalt Pavements: Preservation
Instructor(s): Judith Corley Lay and Greg Harder
Preservation – preserving the asset of a well-designed, well-constructed asphalt pavement will allow it to fully achieve the title of “durable asphalt pavement”.
- Register online to view this webinar
- (2MB) Instructions for viewing a recorded webinar
- To register and pay for this series you can contact our offices by phone (859.288.4960) or email (email@example.com)
Professional Development Hours:
- 1.5 hrs., 1.5 PDH per session part
A PDH Certificate is available upon request after you complete the session by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the webinar and full name you used to register.
- R. Michael Anderson, P.E., Asphalt Institute Director of Research and Lab Services, Association of Asphalt Paving Technologist Executive Director
- Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate. See below for group registration.
- We would encourage you to visit http://support.webex.com/support/system-requirements.html to ensure your system is compatible with our webinar system before you register or as soon as possible afterward.
- We also highly recommend that you go to: http://www.webex.com/lp/jointest/ and join a test meeting to load the client and test your system.
Group Registration & PDH Certificate Policy
- Full details are listed on our Group Registration Policy page.