A Quality Control Tool for the Construction of Asphalt Pavements
This webinar will provide participants with an overview of Intelligent Compaction (IC) technology including a description of the many benefits of using IC on asphalt paving projects. The presentation will provide a simple and easy-to-understand description of what IC is and how it works. IC is a major innovation in compaction technology that is now ready to be used by contractors and agencies as a valuable Quality Control (QC) tool. That tool can be used to dramatically improve the critical pavement compaction process. Although IC can be used for compaction of all pavement materials, this webinar will focus on the application of IC technology on tandem drum rollers used for compaction of asphalt pavement materials. The presentation will include a discussion of the resources that are available to better understand the practical application of IC and to set up and conduct an IC project.
Topics covered include:
- Importance of the Compaction Process/Pavement Density
- What Intelligent Compaction (IC) is and how it works
- How IC is used as a Quality Control (QC) tool to improve the compaction process and thus overall service life of asphalt
- Other benefits of using IC
- Tools available to assist in setting up and executing IC for a project
Download: Intelligent Compaction webinar slides (PDF 1.1MB)
Fees & Registration:
- The registration fee is FREE for this recorded session.
- Register online to view this recorded webinar
- Instructions for viewing a recorded webinar (PDF 706KB)
Professional Development Hours:
- 1.5 hrs., 1.5 PDHs
A PDH Certificate is available upon request after you complete the session by sending an email to email@example.com with the name of the webinar and full name you used to register.
- Robert D. Horan, P.E., Regional Engineer, Asphalt Institute
Who Should Attend:
This webinar is designed for Federal, state, county and city agency personnel, paving contractors, consultants and others involved with pavement construction.
- Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate. See below for group registration.
- We would encourage you to visit http://support.webex.com/support/system-requirements.html to ensure your system is compatible with our webinar system before you register or as soon as possible afterward.
- We also highly recommend that you go to: http://www.webex.com/lp/jointest/ and join a test meeting to load the client and test your system.
Group Registration & PDH Certificate Policy
- Full details are listed on our Group Registration Policy page.