The Asphalt Institute, Inc.’s rules and procedures for students physically present at AI’s offices in Lexington or at an off-site training venue are below. Each AI instructor and student must follow these rules and procedures:
- Each student should monitor themselves for symptoms of COVID-19 infection before coming to any training event. Those without symptoms must confirm the absence of symptoms to the instructor upon arrival. Anyone with symptoms should not come to the training location and should immediately notify their instructor.
- Prior to the start of training on the first day of class students must fill out a health questionnaire. These forms will be retained by the instructor.
- On subsequent training days, all students and instructors must sign in and by doing so, affirm they are still COVID-19 symptom free. Instructors will retain the daily sign in sheets.
- Symptoms to be monitored daily include:
- Fever of 100.4 degrees F or higher
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Fatigue or muscle pains
- Experiencing new loss of sense of taste or smell
- Gastrointestinal symptoms, such as diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting
- Congestion or runny nose
- If anyone in the person’s household is showing symptoms of COVID-19 or has been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the prior 14 days.
- If the person has been in contact with anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 or diagnosed with COVID-19 within the prior 14 days.
- If the person has been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the prior 10 days.
- If the person is waiting on results of a COVID-19 test.
- Students should follow hygiene best practices while in training, including:
- Frequently washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Properly wearing face masks while you are in common space of the training facility.
- Those who cannot wear masks due to health or religious reasons will not be permitted to attend in-person training. We do have virtual, on-line training available as an accommodation in this case.
- Sitting at the same classroom seat for the duration of the class.
- Classroom seating is at least six feet apart. Once seated, masks may be removed at the discretion of the student, however, masks are encouraged to be always worn in the classroom.
- If instructors remain more than six feet from all students, they may instruct without wearing a mask.
- Following the instructor’s guidance for consumption of meals and beverages. Masks may be removed by those who are seated at least six feet apart from others and actively consuming food or beverage during meals or breaks.
- When feasible, use a gloved hand or a clean paper towel when touching doors and other common surfaces.
- Practicing social distancing when in proximity to others and in common areas, such as hallways, kitchen, restrooms, conference rooms, library, and reception areas.
- Bringing and using personal classroom materials; avoiding the use of others’ phones, desks, offices, tools, computers, pens, and other supplies and equipment.
- Observing all established occupancy limits.
- AI staff are to follow these same standards when students are in our facility.
If the training is held in a non-Asphalt Institute facility, the COVID-19 safety and hygiene protocols of that facility must also be followed.
Questions should be directed to your classroom instructor.
Last Updated September 28, 2021