Upcoming Class Dates
|TBA||Day 1: 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm|
Day 2: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Day 3: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
|Asphalt Institute Headquarters|
2696 Research Park Drive
Lexington, KY 40511-8480
This course is a hands-on training program intended to introduce the student to the testing of roofing asphalt binders. Learn the test procedures, calculations and criteria involved with grading roofing asphalt binders. Develop and hone your skills during intensive hands-on labs including sample preparation and testing including softening point (Ring & Ball, Mettler Cup and Ball), penetration, flash point (Cleveland Open Cup), ductility, and rotational viscosity. Observe demonstrations of the solubility and stain index tests. Review rheological testing procedures using the dynamic shear rheometer (DSR). Learn about aging, testing variability, and modification of roofing asphalt binders.
Who Should Attend
Although the course is aimed specifically at technicians who will be testing roofing asphalt binders, other technologists, engineers, consultants, and scientists involved in the asphalt roofing industry should also benefit from the course.
Fees & Registration
- The registration fee is $1,195.
- Registration fees must be received prior to the course date.
- The fee includes a refreshments, lunches (Days 2 & 3) and a copy of Asphalt Institute’s MS-26 Asphalt Binder Handbook.
- Early registration is recommended as the classes are limited to 6 students per instructor.
Professional Development Hours
- 2.5 day course, 17.5 PDHs
- If you work for an Asphalt Institute member company and this is your first time registering, please call 859.288.4960 if you need assistance in setting up an account.
Transfers, Cancellation and Refund Policy
- For the virtual course, you may cancel without penalty up to one week prior to course start date. If you provide the Asphalt Institute with less than one week’s notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire seminar fee.
- For in-person courses, you may cancel without penalty up to three weeks prior to course start date. If you provide the Asphalt Institute with less than three weeks’ notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire seminar fee. You may send someone to take your place. We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can. Therefore, please call us at 859.288.4960.
Inclement Weather Info
In case of inclement weather please check our Inclement Weather Information page for further instructions.