Upcoming Class Dates
|TBD||8:00AM – 4:00PM||State College, PA||TBD|
Understanding the basics of hot-mix asphalt – its composition and the importance of proper transporting, placement and compaction – is a vital necessity for anyone involved in the construction or inspection of asphalt pavements.
This workshop is taught by engineers of the Asphalt Institute and provides participants with a solid foundation in the following areas:
- Asphalt cements
- Mix design and plant operations (as they relate to field applications)
- Proper hauling, placement and compaction procedures
Who Should Attend
This course has been developed for anyone seeking a basic understanding of asphalt pavement. It is intended to focus on areas critical to the successful completion of an asphalt pavement. This course is also valuable for individuals who plan to apply for field technician certification in Pennsylvania.
Fees & Registration
- The registration fee for this online/virtual course is $465.
- Registration fees must be received prior to the course date.
- For in-person course offerings, the fee includes course instruction, refreshments at breaks, lunch both days and seminar materials.
Professional Development Hours
- Two-day Workshop, 13 PDHs (must participate in the full two-day schedule to receive the PDHs)
- If you work for an Asphalt Institute member company and this is your first time registering, please call 859.288.4960 if you need assistance in setting up an account.
Transfers, Cancellation and Refund Policy
- For virtual courses, you may cancel without penalty up to one week prior to course start date. If you provide the Asphalt Institute with less than one week’s notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire seminar fee.
- For in-person courses you may cancel without penalty up to three weeks prior to course start date. If you provide the Asphalt Institute with less than three weeks’ notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire seminar fee. You may send someone to take your place. We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can. Therefore, please call us at 859.288.4960.