Upcoming Class Dates
|TBA||12:00pm – 4:00pm||ONLINE!||TBA|
There have been significant changes in the asphalt pavement industry. There are many reasons that some asphalt pavements constructed in recent years do not seem to be as durable as those constructed in the past. This virtual Maximizing Pavement Life workshop will help you understand modern design, construction and maintenance principals that are essential to achieve optimum performance.
This new course is designed to provide up-to-date information to agencies, engineers and roadway supervisors responsible for delivering quality roadways for the traveling public. State-of-the-art technology and methods will be presented at approachable levels that can immediately be utilized to maximize the performance of your asphalt pavement structures.
Understanding Pavement Distress
Rehabilitation of existing pavement structures cannot be designed, constructed or maintained without understanding the problems causing poor pavement conditions.
- Thickness Design
- Understanding LCCA
- Materials Selection
- Aggregates / Lift Thickness
- Virgin Binder Selection
- Recycled Binders
- Mix Design Properties
- Performance testing
- Balanced Mix Design
Pavement thickness and materials selection are critical to long lasting pavement performance. Learn how to identify designs that are destined for failure before they are even let to bid.
- Pavement layer bonding
- Bonding materials
- Application rates
- Minimizing segregation and achieving smoothness
- Mix production
- Mix delivery
- Mix placement
- Maximizing density
- Impact on pavement life
- Minimizing permeability
- Longitudinal joints
- New equipment / technology
Premium materials and design are meaningless if the pavement is not constructed with attention to detail.
- Proper Timing
- Reducing oxidation
- Preservation Treatments
- Understanding Network Optimization
- RoadResource.org toolkit
- Alternative approaches
All pavement structures deteriorate over time. Well timed maintenance activities are extremely effective in extending pavement life and maximizing a pavement owner’s return on investment.
Who Should Attend
This course was developed for those involved with designing, constructing and maintaining asphalt roadways. It is intended to focus on areas critical to maximizing asphalt pavement performance and life. Agency, consultant, supplier, and contractor personnel at all experience levels will benefit from this course.
Fees & Registration
- The registration fee is $495 and due prior to the course date.
- The fee includes all course materials.
- You may cancel without penalty up to one week prior to the course start date.
- If you provide the Asphalt Institute less than one week notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire fee.
Professional Development Hours
- 15 PDHs
- If you work for an Asphalt Institute member company and this is your first time registering, please call 859.288.4960 if you need assistance in setting up an account.
Transfers, Cancellation and Refund Policy
- For the virtual course, you may cancel without penalty up to one week prior to course start date. If you provide the Asphalt Institute with less than one week’s notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire seminar fee.
- For in-person courses you may also send someone to take your place. We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can. Therefore, please call us at 859.288.4960.
Inclement Weather Info
In case of inclement weather please check our Inclement Weather Information page for further instructions.