This webinar discusses 7 important aspects of quality assurance, defined as “all planned and systematic actions necessary to provide confidence that a product or facility will perform satisfactorily in service. QA includes the elements of quality control (QC), acceptance, independent assurance, dispute resolution, laboratory accreditation, and personnel certification.”
- The Basics of Quality Assurance
- Components of a Quality Control Plan
- Sampling Methods for Asphalt Mixtures
- Testing Methods for Asphalt Mixtures
- Plant Production Quality Control Data Analysis
- Placement Quality Control Data Analysis
- Acceptance Tests and Acceptance Criteria
Who Should Attend
This webinar is designed for those who may be called upon to assemble or review quality control plans, produce asphalt, place asphalt, inspect, or sample/test asphalt. This includes planners, contractors, consultants, engineers, federal agencies such as FAA, FHWA, and military as well as DOD contractors, state, city and county personnel, and facility and asset managers.
- Danny Gierhart, Asphalt Institute Senior Regional Engineer
Professional Development Hours
- 2 hrs., 2.0 PDHs
- Earned PDHs and certifications can be downloaded at your convenience when logged into the Asphalt Institute Learning Portal. Using the menu icon in the upper left corner, go to the “My Activities” menu option: select either the “Courses” or “Learning Plans” option from the menu on the page. To the right of each course or learning plan you have completed will be an award icon. Clicking that icon will allow you to download the desired certificate.
- Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate. See below for group registration.
Group Registration & PDH Certificate Policy
- Full details are listed on the Group Registration Policy page.