- Session Part I: Introduction – What is Balanced Mix Design? [$50]
Part I of the webinar series will cover baseline information, including providing an overview on why we, as an industry, need balanced mix design (BMD). Different approaches towards balanced mix design will be presented along with a path to implementation.
- Session Part II: Developing a Balanced Mix Design Framework [$50]
The second part of the webinar series will provide information on developing a BMD framework and how users can get started using BMD now. Current gaps and research needs will also be discussed.
- Session Part III: BMD Implementation – A Case Study [$50]
Part III of the webinar series will present a case study of BMD implementation in Louisiana from the perspective of industry, agency, and academia. The lessons learned as part of this case study will also be discussed.
Who Should Attend
- This webinar series is intended for user agency, asphalt industry, and academia professionals interested in asphalt technology who want a better understanding about balanced mix design of asphalt materials.
- Moderator – R. Michael Anderson, P.E., Asphalt Institute Director of Research and Lab Services, Association of Asphalt Paving Technologiest Executive Director
- Shane Buchanan, Ph.D., P.E., Asphalt Performance Manager, Oldcastle Materials
- Randy West, Ph.D., P.E., Director, National Center for Asphalt Technology
- Louay Mohammad, Ph.D., P.E., Professor, Louisiana Transportation Research Center
- Sam Cooper III, Ph.D., P.E., Materials Research Administrator, Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development
- Jay Winford, Ph.D., P.E., President, Prairie Contractors
Professional Development Hours
- 1 hrs., 1 PDH per session part
- Earned PDHs and certifications can be downloaded at your convenience when logged into the Asphalt Institute Learning Portal. Using the menu icon in the upper left corner, go to the “My Activities” menu option: select either the “Courses” or “Learning Plans” option from the menu on the page. To the right of each course or learning plan you have completed will be an award icon. Clicking that icon will allow you to download the desired certificate.
- Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate. See below for group registration.
Group Registration & PDH Certificate Policy
- Full details are listed on the Group Registration Policy page.