- This is an online, learn-at-your-own-pace, course hosted on the Asphalt Institute Learning Portal.
- For payment issues, please see our Learning System Checkout and Payment page.
- For group registrations or other issues, please contact us by email (email@example.com) or phone (859.288.4960).
A Quality Control Tool for the Construction of Asphalt Pavements
This webinar will provide participants with an overview of Intelligent Compaction (IC) technology including a description of the many benefits of using IC on asphalt paving projects. The presentation will provide a simple and easy-to-understand description of what IC is and how it works. IC is a major innovation in compaction technology that is now ready to be used by contractors and agencies as a valuable Quality Control (QC) tool. That tool can be used to dramatically improve the critical pavement compaction process. Although IC can be used for compaction of all pavement materials, this webinar will focus on the application of IC technology on tandem drum rollers used for compaction of asphalt pavement materials. The presentation will include a discussion of the resources that are available to better understand the practical application of IC and to set up and conduct an IC project.
Topics covered include:
- Importance of the Compaction Process/Pavement Density
- What Intelligent Compaction (IC) is and how it works
- How IC is used as a Quality Control (QC) tool to improve the compaction process and thus overall service life of asphalt
- Other benefits of using IC
- Tools available to assist in setting up and executing IC for a project
Who Should Attend
This webinar is designed for Federal, state, county and city agency personnel, paving contractors, consultants and others involved with pavement construction.
- Robert D. Horan, P.E., Regional Engineer, Asphalt Institute
Professional Development Hours
- 1.5 hrs., 1.5 PDHs
- Earned PDHs and certifications can be downloaded at your convenience when logged into the Asphalt Institute Learning Portal. Using the menu icon in the upper left corner, go to the “My Activities” menu option: select either the “Courses” or “Learning Plans” option from the menu on the page. To the right of each course or learning plan you have completed will be an award icon. Clicking that icon will allow you to download the desired certificate.
- Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate. See below for group registration.
Group Registration & PDH Certificate Policy
- Full details are listed on the Group Registration Policy page.
For more information contact
- Asphalt Institute Headquarters
- Phone: 859.288.4960
- Fax: 859.288.4999
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org