- This is an online, learn-at-your-own-pace, course hosted on the Asphalt Institute Learning Portal.
- For payment issues, please see our Learning System Checkout and Payment page.
- For group registrations or other issues, please contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (859.288.4960).
Unlike most civil engineering materials, such as steel or portland cement concrete, the mechanical properties of asphalt binders and mixtures are dependent upon several factors including aging and conditioning time, loading time and temperature, and stress level. It is necessary to have a basic understanding of the effects of these factors on mechanical properties of asphalt materials and pavement performance in order to fully understand the specifications for asphalt materials. During this webinar important fundamental mechanical properties such as creep compliance, dynamic modulus, phase angle, and fracture properties will be discussed. Their role in determining pavement performance and the manner in which they are affected by the factors described above will be demonstrated. This introductory webinar is intended for technicians, engineers, and sales personnel working in the asphalt industry. Basic concepts are introduced without extensive technical jargon and mathematical complexity.
This introductory webinar is intended for technicians, engineers, and sales personnel working in the asphalt industry. Basic concepts are introduced without extensive technical jargon and mathematical complexity.
Who Should Attend
The webinar is intended for participants who want an elementary understanding of asphalt binders without spending more than 90 minutes in training. At the conclusion of the webinar, participants should have a general understanding of what asphalt binders are, how they behave with temperature and time of loading, and how they are used. For more in-depth training, please see the Asphalt Binder Series and Introduction to Asphalt Rheology.
- Dr. David Anderson & Dr. Geoffrey Rowe
Professional Development Hours
- 1.5 hrs., 1.5 PDHs
- Earned PDHs and certifications can be downloaded at your convenience when logged into the Asphalt Institute Learning Portal. Using the menu icon in the upper left corner, go to the “My Activities” menu option: select either the “Courses” or “Learning Plans” option from the menu on the page. To the right of each course or learning plan you have completed will be an award icon. Clicking that icon will allow you to download the desired certificate.
- Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate. See below for group registration.
Group Registration & PDH Certificate Policy
- Full details are listed on the Group Registration Policy page.
For more information contact
- Asphalt Institute Headquarters
- Phone: 859.288.4960
- Fax: 859.288.4999
- Email: email@example.com