Tack coats have been the focus of significant interest in the asphalt paving world for the past decade. Properly bonded layers are a vital requirement of an asphalt pavement’s structural system. Pavement distresses associated with poor bonding include slippage cracks, layer delamination, fatigue and top-down cracking, and potholes.
This 2-part webinar on tack coats offers the Asphalt Institute’s recognized leadership and expertise on tack coats to the topic. While each session is independent and can stand alone, participants are encouraged to register for both to maximize the benefit.
- Part I will in focus on the purposes of tack coats, research, materials, and specifications for them.
- Part II will then address best practices for preparation and application, bond strength testing, and quality control/quality assurance for tack coats. Both sessions will incorporate information from the recently published National Cooperative Highway Research Project synthesizing practices by state departments of transportation authored by the Asphalt Institute.
Who Should Attend
This webinar was developed for those involved with design, construction and inspection of asphalt roadways. It is intended to focus on areas critical to maximizing the benefit of asphalt tack coats performance and thus a pavement’s life. Agency, consultant, supplier, and contractor personnel at all experience levels will benefit from this webinar.
- Dave Johnson, Asphalt Institute Senior Regional Engineer
Professional Development Hours
- 1.5 hrs., 1.5 PDHs
- Earned PDHs and certifications can be downloaded at your convenience when logged into the Asphalt Institute Learning Portal. Using the menu icon in the upper left corner, go to the “My Activities” menu option: select either the “Courses” or “Learning Plans” option from the menu on the page. To the right of each course or learning plan you have completed will be an award icon. Clicking that icon will allow you to download the desired certificate.
- Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate. See below for group registration.
Group Registration & PDH Certificate Policy
- Full details are listed on the Group Registration Policy page.