A concern for training Binder Technicians: What if we train them and they leave?
A bigger concern: What if we don’t train them and they stay?
The biggest concern: What if they are all trained differently?
This informational 30-minute webinar will cover an important initiative addressing these concerns. The Asphalt Institute’s National Binder Technician Certification (NBTC) program was developed in response to a nationally recognized need for a standard laboratory best practice in PG binder testing and a way to certify that it is being followed. This webinar will include:
- Required experience and suggested preparation for the review course and examinations
- Application and registration process
- Review course content including excerpts from presentations
- Exam formats and sample questions
- Online retesting option
- Why reciprocity increases the value of test data
- Q & A session
We ask you to join the growing number of industry and agency representatives that are participating in the effort to reduce disputes and penalties by participating in the NBTC program. Attend this free webinar and take an important step toward demonstrating that precision and accuracy are your top priorities. You can find more information on the National Binder Technician Certification page.
Who Should Attend
The webinar is intended for management thinking about sending technicians to an Asphalt Institute’s National Binder Technician Certification (NBTC) program.
- Michael T. Beavin, Asphalt Institute
Professional Development Hours
- 0 hrs., 0 PDHs
- Earned PDHs and certifications can be downloaded at your convenience when logged into the Asphalt Institute Learning Portal. Using the menu icon in the upper left corner, go to the “My Activities” menu option: select either the “Courses” or “Learning Plans” option from the menu on the page. To the right of each course or learning plan you have completed will be an award icon. Clicking that icon will allow you to download the desired certificate.
- Registration is per individual. Only the registered person will receive emails about the webinar and will be recognized for a PDH certificate. See below for group registration.
Group Registration & PDH Certificate Policy
- Full details are listed on the Group Registration Policy page.