Upcoming Class Dates
|JAN 17-21, 24-27, 2022||12:00PM – 3:00PM||ONLINE!||Register Today!|
|NOV 2-5, 2021||12:00PM – 3:00PM||Asphalt Testing Solutions & Engineering, LLC|
7455 Philips Highway
Jacksonville, FL 32256
This virtual Mix Design Technology Certification (MDT) course provides advanced technicians, designers, and engineers responsible for mix designs with a thorough understanding of the properties of the materials which compose asphalt mixtures, as well as the physical and mathematical processes involved in producing a successful asphalt mixture design. Students will receive training over the entire range of activities related to the design of asphalt mixtures: aggregate and binder selection, material properties, development of trial blends, batching, volumetric calculations and analysis, Superpave mix criteria, mix performance tests and criteria, use of RAP in asphalt mix designs, plus an overview of SMA and open-graded mixtures.
This MDT course focuses on how advanced technicians, designers, and/or engineers use laboratory and project information in the mix design process to create long-lasting asphalt mixtures, supplemented with videos on tests and laboratory processes involved in asphalt mix design
- Each day begins at 12 PM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) and will last anywhere from 3.0 to 3.5 hours in length (including multiple breaks).
- Mix Design Technology schedule and program details (JAN 17-21, 24-27, 2022)
- Day 1-3: 8:00AM-5:00PM
- Day 4: 8:00AM-12:00PM (exam optional)
Who Should Attend
This course has been developed to meet the needs of those actively involved in mixture design, material specifications and field management of asphalt mixtures. State and local transportation agencies, consultants and contractors who are involved in HMA materials and mix design will benefit from this course.
The MDTC program Is utilized by user agencies to satisfy qualification requirements for personnel identified in ASTM D3666.
Fees & Registration
- The In-Person registration fee is $1,395.
- The Online registration fee is $1,095.
- Registration fees must be received prior to the course date.
- The fee includes a workbook along with supplemental materials, the Asphalt Institute’s MS-2 Asphalt Mix Design Methods, and the optional certification test.
- Early registration is recommended as the class size is limited.
Professional Development Hours
- 22.5 PDHs
Optional Certification Testing
Virtually Proctored Certification Exam
The last day is reserved for completing the optional certification exam. Participants wishing to take the exam will be able to choose from a list of available time slots convenient for them to have a virtually proctored written exam. Virtual proctoring includes the use of a webcam which allows for the same level of supervision as in-person.
- 40 questions
- Approximately 4 hours to complete
- 80 points required to receive certification
Students passing the certification exam will earn the Asphalt Institute’s Mix Design Technology Certification. Several specifying agencies have accepted the Asphalt Institute Mix Design Technology Certification, either in whole or in part, as meeting the requirements for certification for their agency. Prospective participants should verify the applicability of this certification with their local agency.
- The Asphalt Institute is now offering an MDT Certification renewal option. MDT Certificate holders needing to renew their certification should inquire by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 859.288.4960. Current certificate holders will be verified prior to recertification registration.
This course will include a demonstration of the premier tool available for selecting the proper PG binder, LTPPBind.
- If you work for an Asphalt Institute member company and this is your first time registering, please call 859.288.4960 if you need assistance in setting up an account.
Transfers, Cancellation and Refund Policy
- For the virtual course, you may cancel without penalty up to one week prior to course start date. If you provide the Asphalt Institute with less than one week’s notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire seminar fee.
- For in-person courses you may also send someone to take your place. We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can. Therefore, please call us at 859.288.4960.
Inclement Weather Info
In case of inclement weather please check our Inclement Weather Information page for further instructions.